Mason Pointe Care Center is on a list of 10 facilities in Chesterfield, Missouri. This is a grade A facility, which is a high-end rating. In fact, we were so impressed with this nursing home that we rated it as one of the three highest graded nursing homes in Chesterfield. Headlining this place's remarkable profile is its long-term care grade, which you can find in the next section.
Mason Pointe Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Contracted Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Missouri Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Chesterfield, Missouri Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Missouri Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. For long-term care residents, the primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. After considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 78.63248 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is a few points less than we anticipated but still a respectable figure. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
In addition, this facility received high marks in the area of nursing. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A+. The nursing rating features a host of subcategories. The most important variable is the amount of time nurses spent with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Mason Pointe Care Center?
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies an imminent risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
In the final category we scored, this nursing home was given a very strong grade of B+ in our short-term care category. With this grade, the facility rounded out a very favorable report card. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we size up the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. This rating is considered to be a reliable assessment of the facility's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who returned home from this nursing home. We found that 4.9 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Mason Pointe Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Mason Pointe Care Center, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Mason Pointe Care Center, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Falls which result in injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Mason Pointe Care Center, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term stay patients which have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric may also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Mason Pointe Care Center, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for many medical conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Mason Pointe Care Center, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Mason Pointe Care Center, 4.19% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Mason Pointe Care Center, 88.53% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Mason Pointe Care Center, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Mason Pointe Care Center, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who remained mobile levels.
In Mason Pointe Care Center, 1.7 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Mason Pointe Care Center, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Mason Pointe Care Center, 11.55 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Mason Pointe Care Center, 72.81% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living often correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Chesterfield, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Chesterfield, Missouri has 9 other nursing homes
- St Lukes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.35 miles away232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield Missouri 63017Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 434-1500
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.48 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.96 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.47 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Ssm Health St Clare Hospital - FentonAcute Care Hospitals 7.59 miles away1015 Bowles Fenton Missouri 63026Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 496-2000
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 8.26 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 9.68 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Ssm Health St Joseph Hospital-St CharlesAcute Care Hospitals 9.82 miles away300 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles Missouri 63301Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 947-5000
- Town and Country West Dialysis0.97 miles away12855 N 40 Drive Suite l4 Saint Louis Missouri 63141Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 542-0049
- Creve Coeur Dialysis Center2.7 miles away1009 Executive Pkwy #100 Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (314) 434-4770
- Fmc - Creve Coeur3.12 miles away555 N New Ballas #170 Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (314) 872-9272
- Nxstage St Louis, LLC3.22 miles away1076 Old Des Peres Road Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 9 (314) 925-2522
- Frontenac Home Dialysis Center4.26 miles away10435 Clayton Rd Suite 201 Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 6 (314) 567-0645
- Saint Louis West Dialysis4.89 miles away400 North Lindberg Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (314) 989-0886
- Ellisville Dialysis Center5.83 miles away257 Clarkson Road Ballwin Missouri 63011CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (636) 207-7401
- Saint Louis West Pd Dialysis6.01 miles away9632 Olive Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63132Dialysis Stations: 2 (314) 994-9311