With an address in Beaverton, Oregon, Maryville is one of just a few available nursing homes in the area. This facility appears to be ranked among the higher-graded nursing homes we assessed. A grade in this range requires first-rate marks across the board. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top quarter of all facilities in the country. If you look further down this page, you can see this place's category scores, which are also strong.
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
14645 Sw Farmington Road,
Beaverton OR 97007
85.21% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this facility also received an excellent short-term care score, with a grade of A. In our short-term care grade, we try to create a valuable gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we look at a facility's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, we found that this nursing home provided respectable levels of physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that it outperformed the vast majority of nursing homes in the country in this area with 77.5 percent of its residents returning home. This is a significantly higher rate than most nursing homes.
Adding to this nursing home's impressive resume, we awarded this facility an A- for inspections. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Does this page answer your questions about Maryville?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. When computing our nursing ratings, we look at both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the skill levels of those nurses. With 4.2 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis, this facility surpassed the overwhelming majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this nursing home also excelled in several of the quality measures we looked at. With fewer than five percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility Oregon in this category.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we scored is long-term care. In this category, we gave this facility an above average grade of B. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. In addition to really impressive nursing hour statistics, this nursing home's vaccination record is superb also. In fact, this facility vaccinated 97.52747 percent of its patients against pneumonia. This combination proved to be effective as this place keeps its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 1.42 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Maryville Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Maryville, 8.71% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Maryville, 2.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls resulting in injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Maryville, 2.51% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Maryville, 15.04% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for many medical conditions, including dementia. Unfortunately, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Maryville, 12.16% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Maryville, 5.45% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Maryville, 93.41% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Maryville, 13.96% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Maryville, 23.95% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Maryville, 1.06 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Maryville, 23.95 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Maryville, 14.34 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Maryville, 76.21% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue that this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Providence St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.16 miles away9205 Sw Barnes Road Portland Oregon 97225Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 216-2213
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - WestsideAcute Care Hospitals 4.43 miles away2875 Nw Stucki Ave Hillsboro Oregon 97124Voluntary non-profit - Private(971) 310-1000
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 6.75 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Tuality Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.58 miles away335 Se 8th Avenue Hillsboro Oregon 97123Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 681-1111
- Legacy Meridian Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.56 miles away19300 Sw 65th Avenue Tualatin Oregon 97062Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 692-2182
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.58 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Providence Portland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.61 miles away4805 Ne Glisan Street Portland Oregon 97213Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 215-1111
- Pnrs Beaverton1.09 miles away2715 Sw 153rd Dr Beaverton Oregon 97006CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 520-1363
- Pnrs Twin Oaks2.96 miles away15201 Nw Greenbrier Parkway #C-2 Beaverton Oregon 97006CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (503) 690-4883
- Cornell Road Dialysis3.39 miles away1700 Nw 167th Pl Ste 230 Beaverton Oregon 97006CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (503) 439-8829
- Rose City Dialysis, LLC3.46 miles away10300 Sw Nimbus Ave Ste Pa Portland Oregon 97223Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 443-4909
- Fresenius Medical Care Noble Woods, LLC4.25 miles away5333 W Baseline Rd Hillsboro Oregon 97123Dialysis Stations: 16 (503) 615-2161
- Hillsboro Dialysis Center5.76 miles away2500 Nw 229th Ave Suite 300 Bldg E Hillsboro Oregon 97124Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 681-9460
- Pnrs Home Dialysis6.76 miles away2701 Nw Vaughn St., Ste. 150 Portland Oregon 97201Dialysis Stations: 12 (503) 205-0320
- Sherwood Dialysis Center8.3 miles away21035 Sw Pacific Highway Sherwood Oregon 97140Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 925-0105