Marycrest Manor is the sole option located in Culver City, California. This nursing home was given an A- overall, which is one of the best scores that we offer. A score of this caliber requires first-rate scores across the board. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top 25 percent of all nursing homes in the nation. Keep reading to see this nursing home's category grades, which are also quite good. It would be hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Culver City senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Culver City, California Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Culver City, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this facility also received an excellent long-term care score, with a grade of A. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia can be a life or death condition for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a nursing home doesn't roll the dice on this issue. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
This facility has received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. Our inspection ratings weigh several factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category usually have very few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Marycrest Manor?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- in that category. Nursing scores are largely associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at is short-term care, where this facility was awarded a grade of B. Even though this proved to be its poorest category grade, this is nevertheless a good grade. In calculating our short-term care scores, we scrutinize a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. This grade is typically a meaningful assessment of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. Unfortunately, we were not able to find registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The final statistic we considered in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Marycrest Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Marycrest Manor, 3.82% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Marycrest Manor, 2.31% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of long-term care residents who have suffered a fall resulting in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Marycrest Manor, 1.35% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often associated with lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Marycrest Manor, 1.87% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Marycrest Manor, 11.7% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients which were prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Marycrest Manor, 0% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Marycrest Manor, 100% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Marycrest Manor, 18.03% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and continence. Many in the industry argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Marycrest Manor, 18.29% of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels. Some argue that the ability to move around is critical to residents' health.
In Marycrest Manor, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Marycrest Manor, 18.29% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Marycrest Manor, 3.92% of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Marycrest Manor, 95.08% of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements.
- Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.28 miles away8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles California 90048Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 423-5000
- Ronald Reagan U C L a Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.76 miles away757 Westwood Plaza Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6301
- Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UclaPsychiatric 5.82 miles away150 Medical Plaza-Rm-4230c Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6962
- Providence Saint John's Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.86 miles away2121 Santa Monica Blvd Santa Monica California 90404Voluntary non-profit - Private(310) 829-5511
- Santa Monica - Ucla Med Ctr & Orthopaedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.23 miles away1250 16th Street Santa Monica California 90404Voluntary non-profit - Private(310) 319-4000
- California Hospital Medical Center LaAcute Care Hospitals 7.22 miles away1401 South Grand Avenue Los Angeles California 90015Voluntary non-profit - Other(213) 748-2411
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 7.42 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.62 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- u.s. Renal Care Culver City1.89 miles away9808 Venice Blvd., Suite 200 Culver City California 90232Dialysis Stations: 18 (310) 841-0500
- Fmc-Rai-Centinela-Inglewood1.89 miles away1416 Centinela Avenue Inglewood California 90302CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (310) 673-6865
- Kidney Dialysis Center of Baldwin Hills, LLC2.1 miles away3705 S. La Brea Avenue Los Angeles California 90016Dialysis Stations: 17 (323) 293-4488
- Fmc-Culver City Dialysis2.19 miles away9432 Venice Blvd. Culver City California 90230CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (310) 836-2237
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- West Los Angeles2.42 miles awayDialysis Unit 6041 Cadillac Avenue, Suite 442 Los Angeles California 90034Dialysis Stations: 4 (323) 857-3245
- Fmc-Eucalyptus2.49 miles away610 N. Eucalyptus Avenue Inglewood California 90302CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (310) 680-9101
- u.s. Renal Care West Los Angeles Dialysis3.15 miles away1801 S. La Cienega Blvd. Los Angeles California 90035CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (310) 840-5688
- Fmc-West Los Angeles3.27 miles away301 N. Prairie Avenue, Suite 100 Inglewood California 90301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (310) 674-9640