Marshfield Clinic Comfort and Recovery-Wausau is located in Wausau, Wisconsin, a city with a total of 54,974 people. This nursing home was given an A- overall, which is one of our more impressive scores. This nursing home proved to be one of the better nursing homes in Wausau, which has a strong selection of nursing homes. We also gave this facility impressive grades in all of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Marshfield Clinic Comfort and Recovery-Wausau
- Nursing Home
Updated May 1, 2021 by Nick Reese
2727 Plaza Dr,
Wausau WI 54401
Note: Data for Marshfield Clinic Comfort and Recovery-Wausau has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some end up being quite insignificant. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also want to note the fact that this facility was awarded a strong grade of A- in our short-term care area. In calculating our short-term care grades, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The goal is to devise a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Unfortunately, it does not look like this facility submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. Finally, we considered the number of patients who returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Marshfield Clinic Comfort and Recovery-Wausau?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. There are numerous datapoints within this grade. Most of the datapoints relate to the quantity of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we graded is long-term care, where this nursing home received a B+. This finished off a very impressive report card. Very few facilities earned a B+ or better in all four categories. For prospective residents in need of a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. One of the criteria we considered after nurse's aid hours was vaccines. It does not appear that this facility provided information about vaccinations. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for Wausau, WI
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Wausau, Wisconsin has 3 other nursing homes
- Aspirus Wausau HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.09 miles away333 Pine Ridge Blvd Wausau Wisconsin 54401Proprietary(715) 847-2121
- Ascension St Clares HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.59 miles away3400 Ministry Parkway Schofield Wisconsin 54476Voluntary non-profit - Private(715) 393-3000
- Ascension Good Samaritan HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 14.72 miles away601 S Center Ave Merrill Wisconsin 54452Voluntary non-profit - Church(715) 536-5511
- Davita - Wausau Dialysis0.34 miles away2600 Stewart Ave, Suite 144 Wausau Wisconsin 54401Dialysis Stations: 26 (715) 841-1708
- Aspirus Hosp Dialysis Ctr0.47 miles away3000 Westhill Dr Suite 106 Wausau Wisconsin 54401CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (715) 847-0019
- Davita - Prairie River Dialysis14.7 miles away601 S Center Ave Merrill Wisconsin 54452Dialysis Stations: 6 (715) 539-0613