Marquis Vermont Hills is a small nursing home located in Portland, Oregon. This nursing home was given an A- overall, which is an elite score. This grade is even higher than the city grade of B+ in Portland, which is also an impressive grade. This facility's strong report card was highlighted by its short-term care score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Marquis Vermont Hills
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our short-term care rating. In our short-term care score, we seek to forge a valuable gauge for rehabilitation. In doing so, we assess a facility's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.4 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
This facility has received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. Our inspection scores account for a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category generally have very few severe deficiencies. This facility was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies an immediate threat to resident safety or health. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Marquis Vermont Hills?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. The nursing grade weighs a host of factors. The most heavily weighted variable is the number of hours nurses spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we rated is long-term care. This nursing home was awarded a very good long-term care grade in our assessment, with a B-. Although this isn't quite as elite as some of its other scores, this is still a decent score for this category. In the area of long-term care, we assess the quantity of services offered by a facility, rather than more sophisticated services. After assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 90.99099 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is slightly lower than we anticipated but still a respectable figure. On a more positive note, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Marquis Vermont Hills Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Marquis Vermont Hills, 8.23% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Marquis Vermont Hills, 2.36% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Major falls which result in injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Marquis Vermont Hills, 2.4% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who had UTI's. Although more of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare different facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Marquis Vermont Hills, 15.56% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Marquis Vermont Hills, 12.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Marquis Vermont Hills, 5.35% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Many argue this is a reliable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Marquis Vermont Hills, 92.77% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Marquis Vermont Hills, 13.93% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Marquis Vermont Hills, 23.47% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Marquis Vermont Hills, 23.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Marquis Vermont Hills, 14.47 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Marquis Vermont Hills, 75.28% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living typically correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Portland, OR
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Portland, Oregon has 32 other nursing homes
- Providence St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.52 miles away9205 Sw Barnes Road Portland Oregon 97225Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 216-2213
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 2.71 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.99 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.49 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Providence Portland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.73 miles away4805 Ne Glisan Street Portland Oregon 97213Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 215-1111
- Legacy Meridian Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.21 miles away19300 Sw 65th Avenue Tualatin Oregon 97062Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 692-2182
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - WestsideAcute Care Hospitals 7.8 miles away2875 Nw Stucki Ave Hillsboro Oregon 97124Voluntary non-profit - Private(971) 310-1000
- Adventist Health PortlandAcute Care Hospitals 8.83 miles away10123 Se Market Street Portland Oregon 97216Voluntary non-profit - Church(503) 257-2500
- Rose City Dialysis, LLC3.39 miles away10300 Sw Nimbus Ave Ste Pa Portland Oregon 97223Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 443-4909
- Pnrs Home Dialysis4.22 miles away2701 Nw Vaughn St., Ste. 150 Portland Oregon 97201Dialysis Stations: 12 (503) 205-0320
- Pnrs Beaverton4.92 miles away2715 Sw 153rd Dr Beaverton Oregon 97006CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 520-1363
- Northeast Portland Renal Center5.45 miles away703 Ne Hancock St Portland Oregon 97212CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (503) 493-3322
- Portland Mlk Dialysis5.54 miles away2737 Ne Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Portland Oregon 97212Dialysis Stations: 20 (503) 282-1253
- Pnrs Twin Oaks5.69 miles away15201 Nw Greenbrier Parkway #C-2 Beaverton Oregon 97006CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (503) 690-4883
- Pnrs Hollywood Dialysis6.01 miles away2824 Ne Wasco St Suite #100 Portland Oregon 97232CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (503) 493-8227
- Cornell Road Dialysis6.4 miles away1700 Nw 167th Pl Ste 230 Beaverton Oregon 97006CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (503) 439-8829