Marquis Piedmont Post Acute Rehab is a small facility located in Portland, Oregon. Sporting an overall grade of A, this nursing home is ranked among the highest-rated nursing homes we looked at. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top fifth of all nursing homes in the nation. Headlining this nursing home's remarkable profile is its nursing score, which we will address in the next section.
Marquis Piedmont Post Acute Rehab
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
319 Ne Russet,
Portland OR 97211
51.28% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Oregon Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Oregon Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to a phenomenal overall grade, this facility also received A+ nursing grade. We analyzed the levels of nurses employed by the facility, in addition to the quantity of time those nurses spent with patients, in determining our score in this category. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Oregon in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of moving patients even once per day.
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a score of A+ for its short-term care grade. Short-term care grades are based in part on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This means a wide spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.2 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Marquis Piedmont Post Acute Rehab?
In addition, this facility also received excellent government inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our best scores in that category, with an A. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection ratings. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are relatively insignificant. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we scored is long-term care, where this nursing home was given a grade of B-. While this ended up being its least impressive category rating, this is nevertheless not a major area of concern. In a long-term care environment, the nursing home's primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 95.2381 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is more than the vast majority of nursing homes. This place was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.04 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Marquis Piedmont Post Acute Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Marquis Piedmont Post Acute Rehab, 9.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Marquis Piedmont Post Acute Rehab, 2.43% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Marquis Piedmont Post Acute Rehab, 2.67% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Marquis Piedmont Post Acute Rehab, 15.04% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Marquis Piedmont Post Acute Rehab, 12.62% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term care patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Marquis Piedmont Post Acute Rehab, 6.44% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Higher levels of depression may indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Marquis Piedmont Post Acute Rehab, 92.26% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Marquis Piedmont Post Acute Rehab, 12.97% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Marquis Piedmont Post Acute Rehab, 18.46% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term residents that retained mobility levels.
In Marquis Piedmont Post Acute Rehab, 1.54 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Marquis Piedmont Post Acute Rehab, 18.46 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Marquis Piedmont Post Acute Rehab, 14.28 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Marquis Piedmont Post Acute Rehab, 77% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Portland, OR
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Portland, Oregon has 13 other nursing homes
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.39 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.69 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Providence Portland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.28 miles away4805 Ne Glisan Street Portland Oregon 97213Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 215-1111
- Peacehealth Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.03 miles away400 Ne Mother Joseph Place Vancouver Washington 98668Voluntary non-profit - Private(360) 256-2000
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 5.62 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Adventist Health PortlandAcute Care Hospitals 6.79 miles away10123 Se Market Street Portland Oregon 97216Voluntary non-profit - Church(503) 257-2500
- Providence St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.07 miles away9205 Sw Barnes Road Portland Oregon 97225Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 216-2213
- Legacy Salmon Creek Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.05 miles away2211 Ne 139th Street Vancouver Washington 98686Voluntary non-profit - Private(360) 487-1000
- Rose City Dialysis LLC0.09 miles away7474 Ne Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Portland Oregon 97211Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 737-1020
- Rose City Dialysis, LLC1.36 miles away4905 Ne Martin Luther King Blvd Portland Oregon 97211CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (503) 288-7020
- Portland Mlk Dialysis2.6 miles away2737 Ne Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Portland Oregon 97212Dialysis Stations: 20 (503) 282-1253
- Northeast Portland Renal Center2.87 miles away703 Ne Hancock St Portland Oregon 97212CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (503) 493-3322
- Pnrs Hollywood Dialysis3.43 miles away2824 Ne Wasco St Suite #100 Portland Oregon 97232CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (503) 493-8227
- Pnrs Home Dialysis3.56 miles away2701 Nw Vaughn St., Ste. 150 Portland Oregon 97201Dialysis Stations: 12 (503) 205-0320
- Oregon Kidney Center3.56 miles away3524 Ne Sandy Blvd Portland Oregon 97232CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 236-7097
- Fmc Maywood Park6.02 miles away11909 Ne Glenn Widing Dr Portland Oregon 97220Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 255-3464