Marquis Oregon City Post Acute Rehab is a senior living facility located in Oregon City, Oregon, a city with 51,359 people. This nursing home was given an A- overall, which is a very strong grade. This grade is even better than the city grade of B+ in Oregon City, which is also an impressive grade. This facility's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection grade, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Marquis Oregon City Post Acute Rehab
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1680 Molalla Avenue,
Oregon City OR 97045
50.29% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Oregon Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Oregon City, Oregon Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Oregon Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Oregon City, Oregon Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Oregon Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Oregon City, Oregon Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had some deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Compounding its elite performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a score of A for its short-term care score. Our short-term care grades are arguably most critical for patients requiring a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This includes not merely nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.9 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Marquis Oregon City Post Acute Rehab?
In addition, this facility also received favorable nursing grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. When computing our nursing ratings, we assess both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the levels of licensure of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we assessed proved to be this nursing home's poorest area. Nevertheless, even in its weakest link we still gave it an acceptable grade of C for our long-term care category. With our long-term care rating, we look at the volume of services offered by a facility, as well as some qualitative measures. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to a relatively low 78.20513 percent of its residents, which is a bit of a concern. Fortunately, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Marquis Oregon City Post Acute Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Marquis Oregon City Post Acute Rehab, 8.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term stay residents who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Marquis Oregon City Post Acute Rehab, 2.43% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Marquis Oregon City Post Acute Rehab, 2.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint may also be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Marquis Oregon City Post Acute Rehab, 15.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Marquis Oregon City Post Acute Rehab, 12.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term care residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Marquis Oregon City Post Acute Rehab, 5.65% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many argue this is a measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Marquis Oregon City Post Acute Rehab, 92.57% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Marquis Oregon City Post Acute Rehab, 13.82% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence. Many in the industry would argue this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Marquis Oregon City Post Acute Rehab, 22.07% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Marquis Oregon City Post Acute Rehab, 22.07 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Marquis Oregon City Post Acute Rehab, 13.94 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Marquis Oregon City Post Acute Rehab, 75.47% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Providence Willamette Falls Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.62 miles away1500 Division Street Oregon City Oregon 97045Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 657-6915
- Kaiser Sunnyside Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.12 miles away10180 Se Sunnyside Road Clackamas Oregon 97015Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 652-2880
- Legacy Meridian Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.11 miles away19300 Sw 65th Avenue Tualatin Oregon 97062Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 692-2182
- Adventist Health PortlandAcute Care Hospitals 12.5 miles away10123 Se Market Street Portland Oregon 97216Voluntary non-profit - Church(503) 257-2500
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 12.54 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Providence Portland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.53 miles away4805 Ne Glisan Street Portland Oregon 97213Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 215-1111
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.73 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Providence St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.08 miles away9205 Sw Barnes Road Portland Oregon 97225Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 216-2213
- Fmc Hilltop Dialysis0.34 miles away328 Warner Milne Rd Oregon City Oregon 97045Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 650-2357
- Willamette Valley Renal Center1.67 miles away1510 Division St Ste 90 Oregon City Oregon 97045Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 557-1373
- Lake Road Dialysis6.26 miles away6902 Se Lake Rd, Suite 100 Portland Oregon 97267CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 794-1288
- Fmc Clackamas Kidney Center6.33 miles away13560 Se 97th Ave Clackamas Oregon 97015CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (503) 659-8200
- Meridian Park Dialysis Center8.24 miles away19255 Sw 65th Ave Suite 100 Tualatin Oregon 97062Dialysis Stations: 14 (503) 692-8159
- Pnrs Tualatin8.71 miles away7780 Sw Mohawk St Tualatin Oregon 97062CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (971) 224-4000
- Foster Powell Dialysis10.78 miles away6828 Se Foster Rd Portland Oregon 97206Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 777-5780
- Rose City Dialysis, LLC12.32 miles away10300 Sw Nimbus Ave Ste Pa Portland Oregon 97223Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 443-4909