With more than 20 nursing homes to choose from in Portland, Oregon, Marquis Mill Park is one of the seemingly endless list of facilities here. This nursing home proved to be a grade A facility, which is a high-end grade. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top 20 percent of all nursing homes in the nation. Headlining this place's stellar profile is its inspection rating, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Marquis Mill Park
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
On top of faring well overall, this facility received nearly flawless government inspections. Consequently, it received one of our best scores in that area with an A+. Inspection scores weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category typically have very few severe deficiencies. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that we were able to find deficiency data for this nursing home. Without having access to deficiency data for this nursing home, it is difficult to really evaluate it in the area of inspections.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received an A+ for its short-term care score. Our short-term care grades are based on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a broad range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 7.6 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Marquis Mill Park?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Our nursing score consists of many datapoints, many of which are tied to nursing hours. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed was long-term care. In this area, we awarded this nursing home an acceptable grade of C. This actually was this facility's weakest category. Our long-term care scores are essential for individuals seeking personal care. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. This facility also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Marquis Mill Park Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Marquis Mill Park, 8.23% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients which developed pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Marquis Mill Park, 2.36% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. Better nursing protocols can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Marquis Mill Park, 2.4% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term residents that have sustained a UTI. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is problematic to compare between facilities due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Marquis Mill Park, 15.56% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used for treating a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Marquis Mill Park, 12.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly used to treat residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Marquis Mill Park, 5.35% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Marquis Mill Park, 92.77% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Marquis Mill Park, 13.93% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom. Some experts believe that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Marquis Mill Park, 14.47 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Marquis Mill Park, 75.28% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Portland, OR
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Portland, Oregon has 32 other nursing homes
- Adventist Health PortlandAcute Care Hospitals 0.49 miles away10123 Se Market Street Portland Oregon 97216Voluntary non-profit - Church(503) 257-2500
- Providence Portland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.64 miles away4805 Ne Glisan Street Portland Oregon 97213Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 215-1111
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.54 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Kaiser Sunnyside Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.93 miles away10180 Se Sunnyside Road Clackamas Oregon 97015Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 652-2880
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 6.26 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.59 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Legacy Mount Hood Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.29 miles away24800 Se Stark Street Gresham Oregon 97030Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 674-1122
- Peacehealth Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.39 miles away400 Ne Mother Joseph Place Vancouver Washington 98668Voluntary non-profit - Private(360) 256-2000
- Portland Dialysis Center0.3 miles away10595 Se Stark St Portland Oregon 97216Dialysis Stations: 15 (503) 252-0019
- Portland Home Dialysis Clinic1.21 miles away10802 Se Washington Street Portland Oregon 97216Dialysis Stations: 2 (503) 254-4426
- Portland Gateway Dialysis1.43 miles away9932 Ne Halsey St Portland Oregon 97220CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (503) 253-8170
- Foster Powell Dialysis2.64 miles away6828 Se Foster Rd Portland Oregon 97206Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 777-5780
- Oregon Kidney Center3.38 miles away3524 Ne Sandy Blvd Portland Oregon 97232CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 236-7097
- Fmc Maywood Park3.59 miles away11909 Ne Glenn Widing Dr Portland Oregon 97220Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 255-3464
- Pnrs Hollywood Dialysis3.79 miles away2824 Ne Wasco St Suite #100 Portland Oregon 97232CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (503) 493-8227
- Northeast Portland Renal Center4.87 miles away703 Ne Hancock St Portland Oregon 97212CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (503) 493-3322