Marquis Centennial Post Acute Rehab is an average-sized nursing home located in Portland, Oregon. After receiving an overall grade of A, this facility is among the top facilities we assessed. As a matter of fact, we ranked this nursing home as the eighth best facility in Portland. If you look further down this page, you can see this facility's category scores, which are also quite good.
Marquis Centennial Post Acute Rehab
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
725 Se 202nd Avenue,
Portland OR 97233
65% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Oregon Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Oregon Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Oregon Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was superb in the category of short-term care, where it received a score of A. Only a select group of facilities received a better grade in this area. In our short-term care grade, we try to create a valuable barometer for rehabilitation services. In this process, we look at a nursing home's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients that ultimately returned home from this facility. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Marquis Centennial Post Acute Rehab?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- in that category. Our nursing rating weighs quite a few subcategories, however, the most important consideration is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last category, we awarded this facility a grade of A+ for our long-term care grade. This rounded out a very favorable report card. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in this category tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are well cared for. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 95.56962 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is higher than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Marquis Centennial Post Acute Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Marquis Centennial Post Acute Rehab, 8.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Marquis Centennial Post Acute Rehab, 2.43% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are routinely associated with poor nursing care. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Marquis Centennial Post Acute Rehab, 2.24% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percent of long-term patients who have suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be a sign of poor nursing care. However, this metric can be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Marquis Centennial Post Acute Rehab, 15.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Marquis Centennial Post Acute Rehab, 12.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Marquis Centennial Post Acute Rehab, 5.65% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Marquis Centennial Post Acute Rehab, 92.57% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Marquis Centennial Post Acute Rehab, 13.82% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Marquis Centennial Post Acute Rehab, 22.07% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Marquis Centennial Post Acute Rehab, 22.07 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Marquis Centennial Post Acute Rehab, 13.94 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Marquis Centennial Post Acute Rehab, 75.47% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Portland, OR
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Portland, Oregon has 32 other nursing homes
- Legacy Mount Hood Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.25 miles away24800 Se Stark Street Gresham Oregon 97030Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 674-1122
- Adventist Health PortlandAcute Care Hospitals 5 miles away10123 Se Market Street Portland Oregon 97216Voluntary non-profit - Church(503) 257-2500
- Providence Portland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.65 miles away4805 Ne Glisan Street Portland Oregon 97213Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 215-1111
- Kaiser Sunnyside Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.65 miles away10180 Se Sunnyside Road Clackamas Oregon 97015Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 652-2880
- Peacehealth Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.56 miles away400 Ne Mother Joseph Place Vancouver Washington 98668Voluntary non-profit - Private(360) 256-2000
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.45 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 11.23 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.62 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Davita Gresham Station Dialysis0.8 miles away878 Nw Burnside Rd Gresham Oregon 97030Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 465-1068
- Fmc Dialysis Mt Hood1.54 miles away23335 Se Stark St Gresham Oregon 97030CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (503) 465-0424
- Gresham Dialysis Center2.24 miles away1360 E Powell Blvd Gresham Oregon 97030CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (503) 465-1650
- Portland Gateway Dialysis4.22 miles away9932 Ne Halsey St Portland Oregon 97220CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (503) 253-8170
- Portland Home Dialysis Clinic4.49 miles away10802 Se Washington Street Portland Oregon 97216Dialysis Stations: 2 (503) 254-4426
- Portland Dialysis Center4.76 miles away10595 Se Stark St Portland Oregon 97216Dialysis Stations: 15 (503) 252-0019
- Fmc Maywood Park5.3 miles away11909 Ne Glenn Widing Dr Portland Oregon 97220Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 255-3464
- Foster Powell Dialysis6.91 miles away6828 Se Foster Rd Portland Oregon 97206Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 777-5780