Marquis Care Plaza Regency is a large nursing home located in Las Vegas, Nevada. Sporting an overall rating of D, this is a lower end nursing home. This facility has very little working in its favor. If you aren't deterred by this nursing home's report card, you can continue reading to learn more about its category grades. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Marquis Care Plaza Regency
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
6021 W. Cheyenne Ave.,
Las Vegas NV 89108
70.58% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not high on this nursing home overall, we awarded it a grade of A for our inspections rating. This score is far more impressive than the nursing home's overall score. Our inspection scores are based on several datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important item to look for on these inspections. Most importantly, you should avoid nursing homes with severe deficiencies associated with risks to resident well being. This place was assessed 8 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies to create an imminent risk to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This facilities next most favorable category is long-term care. We gave it a C in this area. This is basically a middle of the road score in this category. In calculating our long-term care grades, we scrutinize the assistance with daily living offered to a facility's residents. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. We were optimistic to find that this nursing home vaccinated 99.79123 percent of its patients for pneumonia. This facility was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Marquis Care Plaza Regency?
Short-term Care Quality
We gave this nursing home a grade of just D for our short-term care rating. This is not a very good score. In crafting these short-term care scores, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The goal is to create a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Based on its score in this category, we were not stunned to learn that this facility was well below average in terms of its number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its residents based on the figures we assessed. Honestly, this was what we expected to find. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that just 5.3 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
The next area we looked at was nursing. Unfortunately, we gave it a lowly F in this category, which is an abysmal grade. There are a variety of data points included in this area. Most of these criteria reflect levels of nurse staffing. With only 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis, this facility's nurse staffing levels were far below average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing ratings. This facility fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Marquis Care Plaza Regency Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Marquis Care Plaza Regency, 8.06% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Marquis Care Plaza Regency, 2.08% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that suffered a fall leading to severe injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Marquis Care Plaza Regency, 1.66% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Marquis Care Plaza Regency, 15.56% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used to treat several medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Marquis Care Plaza Regency, 19.55% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Marquis Care Plaza Regency, 2.25% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Marquis Care Plaza Regency, 76.14% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Marquis Care Plaza Regency, 14.91% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Marquis Care Plaza Regency, 17.97% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who maintained mobility. Some argue that the ability to move around is vital to patients mental and physical health.
In Marquis Care Plaza Regency, 1.38 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Marquis Care Plaza Regency, 17.97 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Marquis Care Plaza Regency, 9.39 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Marquis Care Plaza Regency, 65.91% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Las Vegas, NV
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Las Vegas, Nevada has 13 other nursing homes
- Mountainview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.31 miles away3100 N Tenaya Way Las Vegas Nevada 89128Proprietary(702) 255-5065
- Southern Nevada Adult Mental Health ServicesPsychiatric 4 miles away6161 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89146Government - State(702) 486-6000
- Spring Mountain SaharaPsychiatric 5.06 miles away5460 West Sahara Las Vegas Nevada 89146Proprietary(702) 873-2400
- Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.07 miles away620 Shadow Lane Las Vegas Nevada 89106Proprietary(702) 388-4000
- University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.31 miles away1800 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89102Government - Local(702) 383-2000
- Summerlin Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.53 miles away657 Town Center Drive Las Vegas Nevada 89144Proprietary(702) 233-7500
- Centennial Hills Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.89 miles away6900 N Durango Dr Las Vegas Nevada 89149Proprietary(702) 835-9700
- North Vista HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.01 miles away1409 East Lake Mead Blvd North Las Vegas Nevada 89030Voluntary non-profit - Private(702) 657-5504
- Northwest Las Vegas Dialysis (Fmc)1.24 miles away3150 N Tenaya Way Ste 110 Las Vegas Nevada 89128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (702) 233-8801
- Pelican Point Dialysis1.44 miles away7316 W Cheyenne Ave Las Vegas Nevada 89129Dialysis Stations: 25 (702) 395-0227
- Five Star Dialysis Center (Dva)1.69 miles away2400 Tech Center Ct Las Vegas Nevada 89128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (702) 869-3771
- Fire Mesa Dialysis (Fmc)1.82 miles away2450 Fire Mesa St Ste 120 Las Vegas Nevada 89128CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (702) 384-2242
- American Dialysis Centers North Las Vegas LLC1.83 miles away4107 W Cheyenne Avenue North Las Vegas Nevada 89032Dialysis Stations: 31 (702) 383-9741
- Cheyenne Dialysis (Dva)1.9 miles away3291 N Buffalo Dr Las Vegas Nevada 89129CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (702) 396-1045
- Las Vegas Dialysis Center (Dva)3.51 miles away150 S Valley View Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89107CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (702) 878-0908
- Lake Mead North (Fmc)4.04 miles away1581 Mount Mariah Drive Suite 100 Las Vegas Nevada 89106Dialysis Stations: 32 (702) 647-4089