With more than 20 facilities to choose from in Fort Worth, Texas, Marine Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation is one of many nursing homes in the city. Sporting an overall rating of C, this is likely a middle of the pack facility. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Fort Worth, which admittedly is admittedly a little below average nationally. Finally, we wanted to make sure you are aware that there was an ownership change at this facility in the last 12 months. We will follow their performance over the next year to determine whether any adjustments to their grades are necessary.
Marine Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Please note our records indicate that Marine Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - Hospital district
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
This facility earned a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to emphasize its nearly flawless inspection reports in recent years. We awarded them an A- in this category. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Places with better grades in this category most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This facility received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe. This indicates that CMS did not consider any of these deficiencies to pose an imminent risk to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a respectable grade in the area of long-term care, where it received a grade of C. For prospective patients seeking a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. We were pleased to find that this facility vaccinated 99.50617 percent of its residents for pneumonia. This nursing home was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Marine Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of C. In calculating a nursing home's nursing score, we consider the amount of time nurses are seeing patients and the skill levels of the nurses. This place provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is a low total compared with most nursing homes. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. In fact, it scored well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the quantity of hours of care offered.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed is short-term care, turned out to be this nursing home's weakest area. We awarded this nursing home a D in that category. In determining our short-term care ratings, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our purpose is to create a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. As you might expect, we learned that this nursing home provides substantially less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than a typical facility. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Marine Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Marine Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Marine Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Marine Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of long-term patients that have experienced UTI's. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Marine Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Marine Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Marine Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation, 4.81% of Patients
This is the percent of patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Marine Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation, 94.64% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Marine Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence. Some argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Marine Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Marine Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Marine Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Marine Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Marine Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Fort Worth, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Fort Worth, Texas has 33 other nursing homes
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 5.29 miles away1301 Pennsylvania Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Church(817) 250-2100
- Cook Childrens Medical CenterChildrens 5.37 miles away801 Seventh Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(682) 885-4000
- Medical City Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 5.4 miles away900 Eighth Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Proprietary(817) 336-2100
- Baylor Scott and White All Saints Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.74 miles away1400 Eighth Ave Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 926-2544
- Baylor Scott and White Surgical Hospital FortworthAcute Care Hospitals 6 miles away1800 Park Place Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76110Physician(682) 703-5600
- Jps Health NetworkAcute Care Hospitals 6.29 miles away1500 S Main St Fort Worth Texas 76104Government - Hospital District or Authority(817) 921-3431
- Wise Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 6.91 miles away3200 North Tarrant Parkway Fort Worth Texas 76177Government - Hospital District or Authority(817) 502-7300
- Medical City AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 6.93 miles away3101 North Tarrant Parkway Fort Worth Texas 76177Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 639-1100
- Usrc Tarrant Dialysis Center North Fort Worth1.54 miles away1978 Ephriham Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76164CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (817) 624-7811
- Fresenius Medical Care of Northside1.78 miles away2530 Jacksboro Hwy Fort Worth Texas 76114CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 378-0043
- Texas Renal Ventures3.79 miles away251 University Dr Suite 101 Fort Worth Texas 76107CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (817) 870-5002
- Fort Worth Saginaw Dialysis4.55 miles away900 North Blue Mound Road Suite 192 Fort Worth Texas 76131Dialysis Stations: 13 (817) 232-1502
- North Fort Worth Dialysis5.11 miles away3812 E Belknap Fort Worth Texas 76111Dialysis Stations: 13 (682) 647-0013
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Tarrant County5.32 miles away501 College Avenue Suite 200 Fort Worth Texas 76104Dialysis Stations: 4 (817) 877-1515
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Fort Worth5.32 miles away501 College Avenue Suite 100 Fort Worth Texas 76104CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (817) 877-5907
- Cook Childrens Medical Center Dialysis Unit5.34 miles away801 Seventh Ave Dodson Specialty Clinic 1st Floor Dialysis Unit Fort Worth Texas 76104Dialysis Stations: 4 (682) 885-3944