With an address in San Rafael, California, Marin Post Acute is one of eight available facilities there. This nursing home turns out to be a middle of the pack facility, with an overall grade of B-. This grade was right in line with the city grade in San Rafael. The best part of this place's profile is is its inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Marin Post Acute
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for Marin Post Acute has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
To pair with its decent overall grade, we awarded this facility an A- for its inspection grade. This grade is far better than the facility's overall rating. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
This nursing home's nursing grade appears to be one of its better features. The facility received a grade of B- in this category. Our nursing grade is mostly tied to the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, nursing ratings also consider quality-based measures, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this place performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is generally a good indicator that a place has sufficient quality controls in place. Some falls can be avoided if a facility supplies enough nurses aids to assist its patients.
Does this page answer your questions about Marin Post Acute?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility received its next best category score in the category of short-term care. We gave this nursing home a grade of B- in this area, which is an acceptable score. In the area of short-term care, we seek to evaluate indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this facility provided registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's worst category was long-term care, which is the last area we looked at. For this category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of D. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We were not able to locate information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. To our surprise, this place actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for San Rafael, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? San Rafael, California has 7 other nursing homes
- Kaiser Foundation HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.8 miles away99 Montecillo Rd San Rafael California 94903Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 444-2000
- Marinhealth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.81 miles away250 Bon Air Road, PO Box 8010 Greenbrae California 94904Government - Local(415) 925-7900
- Novato Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.01 miles away180 Rowland Way Novato California 94945Voluntary non-profit - Other(415) 209-1300
- Chinese HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.73 miles away845 Jackson St San Francisco California 94133Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 982-2400
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - San FranciscoAcute Care Hospitals 15.94 miles away2425 Geary Blvd San Francisco California 94115Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 833-2646
- Saint Francis Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.96 miles away900 Hyde St San Francisco California 94109Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 353-6000
- California Pacific Medical Center- Van Ness CampusAcute Care Hospitals 16.09 miles away1101 Van Ness Avenue San Francisco California 94109Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 600-6000
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.38 miles away450 Stanyan St San Francisco California 94117Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 668-1000
- Northgate Dialysis Center1.25 miles away650 Las Gallinas Road San Rafael California 94903CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (415) 444-0376
- San Rafael Dialysis2.18 miles away1415 3rd Street San Rafael California 94901Dialysis Stations: 24 (415) 453-4437
- Satellite Dialysis Greenbrae4.85 miles away565 Sir Francis Drake Blvd. Greenbrae California 94904CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (415) 924-8622
- San Pablo Dialysis Center10.25 miles away14020 San Pablo Avenue San Pablo California 94806CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (510) 234-0835
- Davita Richmond Dialysis10.71 miles away4200 Macdonald Ave., Ste A Richmond California 94805CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 236-8861
- El Cerrito Dialysis Center12.78 miles away10690 San Pablo Avenue El Cerrito California 94530CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (510) 528-9590
- Davita El Sobrante13.62 miles away3380 San Pablo Dam Rd Ste. C-D El Sobrante California 94803CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (510) 262-9230
- Pacific Dialysis15.59 miles away2351 Clay Street 4th Floor San Francisco California 94115CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (415) 440-2852