Alliance Health at Marie Esther is an average-sized non-profit nursing home in Marlborough, Massachusetts. Sporting an overall grade of A, this is without a doubt a world class nursing home. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top ten percent of all facilities in the country. As you will see below, this place performed equally well in our category grades. We give this place two thumbs up!
Alliance Health at Marie Esther
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Best Nursing Home in Marlborough, Massachusetts Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Marlborough, Massachusetts Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Marlborough, Massachusetts Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ in the area of long-term care. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. One of the datapoints we considered after nursing hours is vaccines. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 96.55173 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a proven method to avoid negative health outcomes for the aged 65 and up population. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
This facility has received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. Inspection scores weigh a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher scores in this area generally have very few severe deficiencies. This nursing home received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This tells you that CMS did not deem any of these deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Alliance Health at Marie Esther?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. In computing our nursing scores, we assess both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we rated was short-term care, where this facility was given a grade of A-. This topped off an elite report card. Very few facilities received an A- or higher in in each area we assessed. Our short-term care grades are based in part on a facility's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a broad spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we looked at in this area is the number of patients that returned home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alliance Health at Marie Esther Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alliance Health at Marie Esther, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alliance Health at Marie Esther, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Major falls are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alliance Health at Marie Esther, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alliance Health at Marie Esther, 19.05% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alliance Health at Marie Esther, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are given to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alliance Health at Marie Esther, 1.93% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some experts believe that this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alliance Health at Marie Esther, 91.44% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alliance Health at Marie Esther, 15.15% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alliance Health at Marie Esther, 17.66% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels. Many believe that mobility is important for residents' physical and mental health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alliance Health at Marie Esther, 17.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alliance Health at Marie Esther, 71.35% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Marlborough HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.61 miles away157 Union Street Marlborough Massachusetts 01752Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 481-5000
- Metrowest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.18 miles away115 Lincoln Street Framingham Massachusetts 01701Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 383-1000
- Emerson Hospital -Acute Care Hospitals 9.6 miles away133 Old Road to 9 Acre Corner Concord Massachusetts 01742Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 369-1400
- Newton-Wellesley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.91 miles away2014 Washington Street Newton Lower Falls Massachusetts 02462Voluntary non-profit - Other(617) 243-6000
- Umass Memorial Medical Center IncAcute Care Hospitals 13.99 miles away55 Lake Avenue North Worcester Massachusetts 01655Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 334-1000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - NeedhamAcute Care Hospitals 14.21 miles away148 Chestnut Street Needham Heights Massachusetts 02494Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 453-3002
- Milford Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.35 miles away14 Prospect Street Milford Massachusetts 01757Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 473-1190
- St Vincent HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.04 miles away123 Summer Street Worcester Massachusetts 01608Proprietary(508) 363-5000
- Fresenius Medical Care of Marlborough5.18 miles away360 Cedar Hill Street Suite 3 Marlborough Massachusetts 01752CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (508) 460-9250
- Fresenius Medical Care Framingham5.61 miles away110 Mt. Wayte Ave. Framingham Massachusetts 01702CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (508) 628-3801
- Dci Walden Pond9.39 miles away56 B Winthrop Street Concord Massachusetts 01742Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 369-1683
- Wellesley Dialysis13.13 miles away195 Worcester Street Lower Level Wellesley Hills Massachusetts 02481Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 431-1414
- University Dialysis Center (Bma of Shrewsbury)13.31 miles away239-243 Boston Turnpike Road Shrewsbury Massachusetts 01545Dialysis Stations: 16 (508) 753-0886
- U-Mass Memorial Health Care Systems14.17 miles awayDialysis Unit 55 Lake Avenue North Rm h7-331 Worcester Massachusetts 01655Dialysis Stations: 13 (774) 442-3814
- Freedom Center of Worcester14.38 miles away1 Innovation Drive Suite 110 Worcester Massachusetts 01605Dialysis Stations: 6 (508) 767-3950
- The Dialysis Center at Waltham14.82 miles away135 Beaver Street, Suite 111 Waltham Massachusetts 02452Dialysis Stations: 14 (781) 642-0331