Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital-Snf is a very-small non-profit nursing home located in Wheaton, Illinois. With an overall grade of A, this nursing home is one of the highest-graded nursing homes we looked at. This is just about as good of a facility as you'll find. One of the major highlights of this facility's stellar profile is its inspection rating. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital-Snf
Updated Mar 1, 2021 by Nick Reese
26 W 171 Roosevelt Road,
Wheaton IL 60187
Note: Data for Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital-Snf has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
To pair with its favorable overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for inspections. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also want to alert you to the fact that this facility was awarded a dominant score of A in our short-term care category. In calculating these short-term care grades, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to create a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final metric we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that it performed as well as just about any nursing home in Illinois in this metric with 71.8 percent of its patients returning home. At most facilities, less than half of their short-term residents are able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital-Snf?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. The nursing score assesses a handful of factors, however, the most important one is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we graded is long-term care, where this facility was awarded a B+. This topped off a very impressive report card. Only a select few facilities received a B+ or better in all four categories. For long-term care residents, the nursing home's primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. One of the statistics we considered after nursing hours was vaccinations. It doesn't look like this facility submitted data regarding vaccinations. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital-Snf Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital-Snf, 11.42 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital-Snf, 71.34% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts would argue that this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.67 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.76 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.86 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Elmhurst Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.22 miles away155 East Brush Hill Road Elmhurst Illinois 60126Proprietary(331) 221-0130
- Bhc Streamwood Hospital IncPsychiatric 10.41 miles away1400 E Irving Park Road Streamwood Illinois 60107Proprietary(630) 837-9000
- Delnor Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.81 miles away300 Randall Rd Geneva Illinois 60134Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 208-3000
- Presence Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.23 miles away1325 N Highland Avenue Aurora Illinois 60506Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 859-2222
- Rush Copley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.43 miles away2000 Ogden Avenue Aurora Illinois 60504Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 978-6200
- Davita - Geneva Crossings2.56 miles away546 S Schmale Road Carol Stream Illinois 60188Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 260-4086
- Fmc - Dupage West3.4 miles away450 E Roosevelt Rd West Chicago Illinois 60185Dialysis Stations: 16 (630) 293-6356
- Dialyze Direct Il - Glen Ellyn4.1 miles away800 Roosevelt Rd Ste C-16 Glen Ellyn Illinois 60137Dialysis Stations: 1 (630) 942-1111
- Usrc - Villa Park Dialysis4.85 miles away200 E. North Avenue Villa Park Illinois 60181CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 530-5237
- Fmc - West Chicago Dialysis Center5.23 miles away1859 Neltnor Blvd West Chicago Illinois 60185Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 293-5952
- Fmc - Lombard Dialysis5.4 miles away1940 Springer Drive Lombard Illinois 60148Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 693-0394
- Fmc - Naperville North Dialysis Center5.52 miles away516 W 5th Ave. Naperville Illinois 60563Dialysis Stations: 21 (630) 753-9295
- Fmc - Glendale Heights Dialysis Center6.18 miles away130 E. Army Trail Road Glendale Heights Illinois 60139CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (630) 924-7286