Marian Manor of Taunton is an average-sized non-profit nursing home in Taunton, Massachusetts. This facility received an excellent grade of A- overall. This is better than the city grade of B+ in Taunton, which is also well above average. Based on our assessment, you can not go wrong with this nursing home. This nursing home was also given phenomenal grades in all of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Marian Manor of Taunton
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Palliative Care
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall score, we awarded this facility a grade of A for our nursing rating. We weighed the qualifications of nurses working for the nursing home, in addition to the number of hours the nurses worked with residents, in calculating our rating in this area. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its top-shelf resume, this nursing home also performed well in our short-term care category. In fact, it received a score of A- for the category. In determining our short-term care ratings, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to create a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Marian Manor of Taunton?
We also wanted to point out this facility's nearly flawless inspections in recent years. We gave them a grade of B+ in this category. Our inspection ratings weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category typically have very few of these severe deficiencies. While this place had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at was long-term care, in which this nursing home received a B. Believe it or not, this is this nursing home's least impressive category. A facility could be doing a lot worse when their weakest grade still is better than most facilities. Facilities that receive this kind of score in this category typically provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure residents are kept in good health. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 71.93676 percent of its patients, which is a bit less than we were hoping for. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Marian Manor of Taunton Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Marian Manor of Taunton, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Marian Manor of Taunton, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls which result in injury are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Marian Manor of Taunton, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Marian Manor of Taunton, 19.05% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Marian Manor of Taunton, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Marian Manor of Taunton, 1.93% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Marian Manor of Taunton, 91.44% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Marian Manor of Taunton, 15.15% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate deterioration of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Marian Manor of Taunton, 17.66% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Marian Manor of Taunton, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Marian Manor of Taunton, 17.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Marian Manor of Taunton, 10.93 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
- Morton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.44 miles away88 Washington Street Taunton Massachusetts 02780Proprietary(508) 828-7000
- Sturdy Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.86 miles away211 Park Street Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 222-5200
- Southcoast Hospital Group, IncAcute Care Hospitals 13.71 miles away363 Highland Avenue Fall River Massachusetts 02720Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 679-3131
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.82 miles away235 North Pearl Street Brockton Massachusetts 02301Proprietary(508) 427-3000
- Signature Healthcare Brockton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.99 miles away680 Center Street Brockton Massachusetts 02302Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 941-7000
- Saint Anne's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.1 miles away795 Middle Street Fall River Massachusetts 02721Proprietary(508) 674-5600
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.12 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 16.13 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- Taunton Regional Dialysis Center2.3 miles awayMill River Place 1 Washington St, Suite 9 Taunton Massachusetts 02780CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (508) 828-5986
- Attleboro Dialysis Center10.13 miles away111 Pleasant St Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Dialysis Stations: 13 (508) 226-0218
- Dialysis Center of Attleboro LLC10.2 miles away217 South Main Street Store 7 Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Dialysis Stations: 18 (508) 236-6041
- Fall River Kidney Center LLC12.47 miles away48 Weaver Street Fall River Massachusetts 02720CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (508) 677-4911
- Brockton Dialysis Center, LLC13.86 miles away375 Westgate Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 586-2791
- Brockton Regional Kidney Center14.11 miles away76 Campanelli Industrial Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (508) 427-5329
- Dialysis Center of Pawtucket14.3 miles away201 Armistice Boulevard Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 722-3313
- Dialysis Center of East Providence14.82 miles away318 Waterman Avenue East Providence Rhode Island 02914CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 435-5200