Marian Manor Corporation is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, which appears to have an abundance of nursing homes. Sporting an overall rating of A, we deemed this nursing home to be ranked among the five best facilities in the city. Overall scores in this range are a great indicator of a first-rate facility. Based on our ratings, you can not go wrong with this facility. Keep reading to see this nursing home's category ratings, which are also strong. It is hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
Marian Manor Corporation
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to faring well overall, this nursing home earned nearly flawless government inspections. As a result, it received one of our best scores in that area with an A+. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This means CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this facility received dominant marks in the area of short-term care. Consequently, it was given one of our highest scores in that category with a score of A+. In the category of short-term care, we strive to qualify measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Marian Manor Corporation?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received a strong long-term care grade. In fact, this turned out to be this facility's third best category score. In that area, this facility received a score of A-. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 99.50739 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Switching gears to the fourth area, this nursing home was given an extremely favorable nursing grade. In fact, we awarded it a B+ in this category, completing one of our more impressive profiles. Our nursing rating looks at the facility's level of nurse staffing. We consider both the levels of training of the nurses and the quantity of hours spent with residents. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Marian Manor Corporation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Marian Manor Corporation, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Marian Manor Corporation, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents which have sustained falls which resulted in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Marian Manor Corporation, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This figure indicates the percent of long-term stay patients that have had urinary tract infections. Although more of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is problematic to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Marian Manor Corporation, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Marian Manor Corporation, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Marian Manor Corporation, 3.12% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents showing depressive symptoms. High levels of depression may reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Marian Manor Corporation, 88.22% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Marian Manor Corporation, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath. Some experts believe that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Marian Manor Corporation, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term care patients who retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Marian Manor Corporation, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Marian Manor Corporation, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Marian Manor Corporation, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Pittsburgh, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania has 28 other nursing homes
- St Clair HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.58 miles away1000 Bower Hill Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15243Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 942-4000
- Upmc MercyAcute Care Hospitals 3.61 miles away1400 Locust Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15219Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 232-8111
- Allegheny General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.91 miles away320 East North Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15212Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 359-3131
- Magee Womens Hospital of Upmc Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 4.83 miles away300 Halket Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Voluntary non-profit - Other(412) 641-4010
- Upmc Presbyterian ShadysideAcute Care Hospitals 4.92 miles away200 Lothrop Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 647-8788
- Ohio Valley General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.07 miles away25 Heckel Road Mc Kees Rocks Pennsylvania 15136Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 777-6161
- West Penn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.32 miles away4800 Friendship Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 578-5000
- Jefferson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.41 miles away565 Coal Valley Road Clairton Pennsylvania 15025Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 469-5000
- Dci Renal Services of Pittsburgh, LLC - Banksville0.37 miles away2727 Banksville Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15216CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (412) 341-7410
- Liberty Dialysis - Banksville0.43 miles away2875 Banksville Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15216CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (412) 343-3060
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Three Rivers3.64 miles away1401 Forbes Avenue, Suite 250 Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15219Dialysis Stations: 16 (412) 281-8233
- Ara - Dialysis Unit at Ohio Valley Hospital LLC4.08 miles awayMedical Arts Building 27 Heckel Road, Suite 113 Mc Kees Rocks Pennsylvania 15136Dialysis Stations: 14 (412) 331-2423
- Total Renal Care Inc4.08 miles away5888 Steubenville Pike, Suite 4 Mc Kees Rocks Pennsylvania 15136Dialysis Stations: 5 (412) 787-0314
- Davita Northside Dialysis4.1 miles away930 Madison Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15212CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (412) 322-2520
- Fresenius Kidney Care - South Hills4.27 miles away4651 Library Road Bethel Park Pennsylvania 15102Dialysis Stations: 18 (412) 835-1229
- Davita - Bethel Park4.33 miles away6000 Alicia Drive Bethel Park Pennsylvania 15102Dialysis Stations: 4 (412) 833-2612