Maravilla Care Center is one of a multitude of available nursing homes to choose from in Phoenix, Arizona. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of B. A grade in this range requires solid scores in most areas. This facility truly has plenty of good features. This nursing home was stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any bad scores in any of our major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Maravilla Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its impressive overall grade, we awarded this nursing home an A for our nursing rating. Nursing ratings are largely based on a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of turning a resident at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility truly excelled in the category of long-term care, where we gave it a score of A-. Very few facilities performed more favorably in this area. Long-term care scores in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. Once we finished looking at the volume of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 85.62091 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Maravilla Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next highest category is short-term care. In that category, we gave this nursing home a B-. Our short-term care ratings are likely most important for individuals in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not just nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last statistic we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Moving on our last category, inspections proved to be this nursing home's weakest link. It received a C in this area. Inspection grades are based on a nursing home's government inspection reports. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection grades. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some are relatively insignificant. This facility had 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were in categories G through L. This indicates this facility avoided the more significant categories of deficiencies. We really did not consider anything on this facility's inspection reports to be too concerning.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Maravilla Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Maravilla Care Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Maravilla Care Center, 2.25% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Maravilla Care Center, 1.58% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to poor nursing care. More frequent bathing can minimize the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Maravilla Care Center, 11.13% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Sadly, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Maravilla Care Center, 16.92% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Maravilla Care Center, 2.87% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Maravilla Care Center, 81.19% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Maravilla Care Center, 12.86% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of deterioration of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Maravilla Care Center, 23.01% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Maravilla Care Center, 23.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Scores for Phoenix, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Phoenix, Arizona has 22 other nursing homes
- St Luke's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.01 miles away1800 East Van Buren Street Phoenix Arizona 85006Proprietary(602) 251-8156
- Valleywise Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.74 miles away2601 East Roosevelt Street Phoenix Arizona 85008Government - Local(602) 344-5011
- Banner - University Medical Center PhoenixAcute Care Hospitals 6.88 miles away1111 East Mcdowell Road Phoenix Arizona 85006Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 239-2000
- St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.92 miles away350 West Thomas Road Phoenix Arizona 85013Voluntary non-profit - Church(602) 406-5001
- Valley HospitalPsychiatric 8.69 miles away3550 East Pinchot Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85018Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 957-4000
- Abrazo Central CampusAcute Care Hospitals 11.12 miles away2000 West Bethany Home Road Phoenix Arizona 85015Physician(602) 249-0212
- Banner Desert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.18 miles away1400 South Dobson Road Mesa Arizona 85202Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 412-3000
- Scottsdale Osborn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.69 miles away7400 East Osborn Road Scottsdale Arizona 85251Proprietary(480) 882-4004
- South Phoenix Dialysis (Dsi)2.68 miles away4621 S Central Ave Phoenix Arizona 85040Dialysis Stations: 20 (602) 304-1977
- Raven Dialysis Center (Dva)3.6 miles away3540 E Baseline Rd Ste 110 Phoenix Arizona 85042CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (602) 431-2110
- South Phoenix Dialysis Services (Fmc)5.02 miles away1021 S 7th Ave Ste 108 Phoenix Arizona 85007CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (602) 253-1954
- Ahwatukee Dialysis (Fmc)5.68 miles away15930 48th Street Phoenix Arizona 85048Dialysis Stations: 16 (480) 785-2270
- Gila River Dialysis West5.98 miles away9721 West Pecos Rd- rr2, Box 807 Laveen Arizona 85339CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (520) 550-6050
- Tempe Dialysis (Fmc)6.28 miles away1449 W Southern Ave Tempe Arizona 85282CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (480) 967-6360
- Maricopa Medical Ctr - Dialysis6.7 miles away2525 E Roosevelt St Phoenix Arizona 85008CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 11 (602) 344-1601
- Evergreen Park Dialysis6.9 miles away926 E Mc Dowell Rd Suite 100 Phoenix Arizona 85006Dialysis Stations: 20 (602) 252-1418