Maples Rehabilitation & Nursing Center is a large nursing home located in Wrentham, Massachusetts. With an A- overall grade, we rated this facility in the top third of all facilities in the country. This is really as good of a nursing home as you'll find. This nursing home's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which we will address in the next section.
Maples Rehabilitation & Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Wrentham, Massachusetts Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Wrentham, Massachusetts Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Wrentham, Massachusetts Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of earning a great overall score, this facility also excelled in our inspections category, which is based on the facility's inspection reports. We gave it an A for that category. Inspection ratings account for several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this area generally have very few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
On the list of its many dominant grades, this facility was awarded first-rate short-term care grade. In fact, we awarded it a score of A in that category. Short-term care grades are often used to grade a nursing home's rehabilitation services. In order to have highly graded rehabilitation services, facilities generally must offer better levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents that were able to return home from this facility. We found that 5.9 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Maples Rehabilitation & Nursing Center?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. We scrutinized the skill-level of nurses employed by the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of time those nurses spent with patients, in computing our grade in this category. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the next area, this nursing home received an acceptable long-term care grade. Even though this is not nearly as elite as many of its other grades, this is still not a bad grade. If you are seeking services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care scores. On top of considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is a very solid percentage. This nursing home keeps its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Maples Rehabilitation & Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Maples Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term residents that suffer from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid measure of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Maples Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Maples Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term care residents that sustained a UTI. Although a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare different facilities due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Maples Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 19.05% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders. Tragically, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Maples Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Maples Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 1.93% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents showing depressive symptoms. Many in the industry would argue that this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Maples Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 91.44% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Maples Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 15.15% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Maples Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 17.66% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels.
In Maples Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Maples Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 17.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Maples Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 10.93 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Maples Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 71.35% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Sturdy Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.75 miles away211 Park Street Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 222-5200
- Landmark Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.6 miles away115 Cass Avenue Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 769-4100
- Norwood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.93 miles away800 Washington Street Norwood Massachusetts 02062Proprietary(781) 769-4000
- Milford Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.31 miles away14 Prospect Street Milford Massachusetts 01757Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 473-1190
- Westwood Pembroke Health SystemsPsychiatric 11.49 miles away45 Clapboardtree Street Westwood Massachusetts 02090Proprietary(617) 762-7764
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.41 miles away235 North Pearl Street Brockton Massachusetts 02301Proprietary(508) 427-3000
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.31 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - NeedhamAcute Care Hospitals 15.77 miles away148 Chestnut Street Needham Heights Massachusetts 02494Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 453-3002
- Us Renal Care Foxborough Dialysis2.71 miles away10 Lincoln Rd Suite 101 Foxboro Massachusetts 02035Dialysis Stations: 9 (774) 215-5696
- Dialysis Center of Woonsocket7.99 miles away2100 Diamond Hill Road Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (401) 765-4995
- Attleboro Dialysis Center8.37 miles away111 Pleasant St Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Dialysis Stations: 13 (508) 226-0218
- Dialysis Center of Attleboro LLC9.14 miles away217 South Main Street Store 7 Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Dialysis Stations: 18 (508) 236-6041
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Blackstone Valley10.72 miles away42 Cape Road Milford Massachusetts 01757CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 634-4331
- Bio-Medical Applications of Rhode Island11.72 miles away622 George Washington Highway Lincoln Rhode Island 02865Dialysis Stations: 17 (401) 333-4727
- Pure Life Renal of Stoughton, LLC12.16 miles awayMed. Office Bldg Suite m107 907 Sumner Street Stoughton Massachusetts 02072CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 341-8550
- Westwood Dialysis Center (Bma Westwood)12.89 miles away90 Glacier Drive Westwood Massachusetts 02090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 326-9985