Maples Rehabilitation & Nursing Center is a large nursing home located in Wrentham, Massachusetts. After receiving an A overall grade, this facility has the distinction of being one of the 100 best nursing homes in Massachusetts. This is an impressive accomplishment in a state with a long list of high-end facilities. This is just about as good of a nursing home as you're going to find. Finally, we wanted to point out that there was an ownership change at this facility in the last 12 months. We will need to make sure it maintains its high grades going forward.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Maples Rehabilitation & Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
90 Taunton Street,
Wrentham MA 02093
92.56% estimated occupancy 1
Please note our records indicate that Maples Rehabilitation & Nursing Center has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Wrentham, Massachusetts Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Wrentham, Massachusetts Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Wrentham, Massachusetts Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to point out the fact that this facility has earned nearly flawless health inspections recently. We awarded them an A in this category. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also fared very well in the category of short-term care, where it received a score of A. Few facilities fared better in this category. Short-term care ratings are critical for people requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a vast spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents that were able to return home from this facility. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Maples Rehabilitation & Nursing Center?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. The nursing score analyzes many components, but the most important consideration is the level of nurse hours per patient per week. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of moving patients more frequently.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we rated is long-term care. We awarded this facility one of our more favorable grades in this area, with a B. Although this is not as dominant as a few of this facility's other grades, it is nevertheless a perfectly acceptable grade. When facilities receive a score in this range in long-term care it generally means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is much higher than the average nursing home. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Maples Rehabilitation & Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Maples Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 6.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Maples Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 3.77% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Maples Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 2.05% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients that had UTI's. UTI's may be a sign of poor nursing care. However, this datapoint can be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Maples Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 19.24% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Maples Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 18.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Maples Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 2.48% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression could indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Maples Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 91.39% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Maples Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 16.21% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Maples Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 15.75% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels.
In Maples Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Maples Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 15.75 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Maples Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 11.2 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Maples Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 71.52% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Sturdy Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.75 miles away211 Park Street Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 222-5200
- Landmark Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.6 miles away115 Cass Avenue Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 769-4100
- Norwood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.93 miles away800 Washington Street Norwood Massachusetts 02062Proprietary(781) 769-4000
- Milford Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.31 miles away14 Prospect Street Milford Massachusetts 01757Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 473-1190
- Westwood Pembroke Health SystemsPsychiatric 11.49 miles away45 Clapboardtree Street Westwood Massachusetts 02090Proprietary(617) 762-7764
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.41 miles away235 North Pearl Street Brockton Massachusetts 02301Proprietary(508) 427-3000
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.31 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - NeedhamAcute Care Hospitals 15.77 miles away148 Chestnut Street Needham Heights Massachusetts 02494Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 453-3002
- Us Renal Care Foxborough Dialysis2.71 miles away10 Lincoln Rd Suite 101 Foxboro Massachusetts 02035Dialysis Stations: 9 (774) 215-5696
- Dialysis Center of Woonsocket7.99 miles away2100 Diamond Hill Road Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (401) 765-4995
- Attleboro Dialysis Center8.37 miles away111 Pleasant St Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Dialysis Stations: 13 (508) 226-0218
- Dialysis Center of Attleboro LLC9.14 miles away217 South Main Street Store 7 Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Dialysis Stations: 18 (508) 236-6041
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Blackstone Valley10.72 miles away42 Cape Road Milford Massachusetts 01757CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 634-4331
- Bio-Medical Applications of Rhode Island11.72 miles away622 George Washington Highway Lincoln Rhode Island 02865Dialysis Stations: 17 (401) 333-4727
- Pure Life Renal of Stoughton, LLC12.16 miles awayMed. Office Bldg Suite m107 907 Sumner Street Stoughton Massachusetts 02072CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 341-8550
- Westwood Dialysis Center (Bma Westwood)12.89 miles away90 Glacier Drive Westwood Massachusetts 02090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 326-9985