Maple Park Village is a senior living facility located in Westfield, Indiana, which has 26,745 people. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of D. A score of this caliber typically indicates a few red flags. If you are not satisfied with this facility's low overall grade, you may find you have slim pickings in Westfield. The city has just two other nursing homes. If you aren't deterred by this place's report card, you can continue reading to learn more about its category scores. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Maple Park Village
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - City/county
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Although we didn't grade this facility favorably overall, we actually gave it an excellent grade in the category of inspections, where it received an A. Our inspection grades are based on items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key item to look for on these inspections. Most importantly, you should avoid facilities that have severe deficiencies associated with endangerment of patients. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second best category was short-term care. We awarded it a B- in this category. This is basically a middle of the road score in this area. Our short-term care grades are considered to be most important for those in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually mandates additional highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not just nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. We found that this nursing home was below average in the two key staffing areas we looked at. The facility offered fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. It is important to determine whether this also correlates to a lower quality of care. The last measure we considered in this category is the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that just 5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. This figure was below the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Maple Park Village?
We were stunned to find that this facility also excelled in the category of nursing. In fact, we gave it a score of D for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Our nursing rating assesses a handful of datapoints, however, the paramount consideration is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This place averaged only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is an alarmingly low total. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This place fared well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these statistics to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we rated was long-term care, where this facility was given a rock bottom score in this category as well. We gave it an F in this category, which is definitely very concerning. For patients seeking a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home gave the vaccine to 98.6532 percent of its residents, which is a very solid datapoint. To our surprise, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Maple Park Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Maple Park Village, 7.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Maple Park Village, 3.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Maple Park Village, 1.87% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Maple Park Village, 13.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Maple Park Village, 21.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Maple Park Village, 12.89% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Maple Park Village, 91.48% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Maple Park Village, 15.74% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Maple Park Village, 15.7% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Maple Park Village, 1.46 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Maple Park Village, 15.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Maple Park Village, 11.29 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Maple Park Village, 73.78% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- St Vincent Carmel Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 5.01 miles away13500 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 582-7000
- Riverview HealthAcute Care Hospitals 5.48 miles away395 Westfield Rd Noblesville Indiana 46060Government - Local(317) 773-0760
- Indiana University Health North HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.81 miles away11700 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 688-2000
- St Vincent Heart Center of Indiana LLCAcute Care Hospitals 8.18 miles away10580 N Meridian St Indianapolis Indiana 46290Proprietary(317) 583-5000
- St Vincent Hospital & Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 10.49 miles away2001 W 86th St Indianapolis Indiana 46260Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 338-7000
- Community Hospital NorthAcute Care Hospitals 11.51 miles away7150 Clearvista Dr Indianapolis Indiana 46256Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 621-5335
- St Vincent Fishers Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 11.87 miles away13861 Olio Road Fishers Indiana 46037Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 415-9000
- Indiana University Health Tipton Hospital IncCritical Access Hospitals 15.84 miles away1000 S Main St Tipton Indiana 46072Voluntary non-profit - Other(765) 675-8500
- Fmc - Noblesville Dialysis5.43 miles away165 Sheridan Road Noblesville Indiana 46060Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 770-8900
- Dialyze Direct in, LLC5.45 miles away13295 Illinois St. Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 1 (463) 219-0231
- Fmc - Carmel6.04 miles away12400 North Meridian St., Ste 200 Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 575-8312
- Davita - Carmel Dialysis6.39 miles away180 East Carmel Drive Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 575-8916
- Davita - Carmel Health and Living6.6 miles away118 Medical Drive, Suite 114 Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 6 (317) 844-9045
- Davita Home Dialysis of Indianapolis9.64 miles away8803 N. Meridian Street Indianapolis Indiana 46260Dialysis Stations: 5 (317) 574-1798
- Fmc - Indianapolis-North10.26 miles away1225 W 86th Street Indianapolis Indiana 46260CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (317) 228-0169
- Nxkc Indianapolis Northwest, LLC10.66 miles away9101 N. Wesleyan Rd, Suite 115 Indianapolis Indiana 46268Dialysis Stations: 3 (317) 829-9770