With an address in Novi, Michigan, Maple Manor Rehab Center of Novi is one of five nursing homes in this city. This facility received an impressive overall score of A-, resulting in it being ranked among the top three facilities in the city. Based on all of the relevant data, you can not go wrong with this place. This facility also received very consistent grades in all of our categories. More information about its category grades is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Maple Manor Rehab Center of Novi
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Novi senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall score, we gave this facility an A for our short-term care rating. Short-term care grades are typically employed to measure a facility's rehabilitation services. To have good rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must offer higher levels of highly skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we looked at in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 6.9 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
On the list of its many high-end grades, this nursing home received a strong long-term care score. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- in this area. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 84.375 percent of its patients, which is a few points below what we expected. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Maple Manor Rehab Center of Novi?
Adding another impressive category grade, we gave this facility an impressive grade of B+ for our inspections category. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this category typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
In our last area, we gave this nursing home a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This topped off a very favorable report card. The nursing rating consists of quite a few components, but the paramount consideration is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This facility provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at certain nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. These include minimizing residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We look at these statistics as good measures of the quality of nursing care being provided, since better care tends to reduce these problems.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Maple Manor Rehab Center of Novi Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Maple Manor Rehab Center of Novi, 28.92% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term residents that suffer from pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Maple Manor Rehab Center of Novi, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Maple Manor Rehab Center of Novi, 8.51% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often caused by worse hygiene protocols. Closer supervision can limit the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Maple Manor Rehab Center of Novi, 4.35% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents who are given antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such medications are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Maple Manor Rehab Center of Novi, 14.58% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Maple Manor Rehab Center of Novi, 0% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Maple Manor Rehab Center of Novi, 74.84% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Maple Manor Rehab Center of Novi, 1.09% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Maple Manor Rehab Center of Novi, 0% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Maple Manor Rehab Center of Novi, 13.11% of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Maple Manor Rehab Center of Novi, 75.59% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe that this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Novi, MI
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Novi, Michigan has 4 other nursing homes
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.14 miles away6777 West Maple Road West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 325-1000
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 9.14 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.44 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- St Joseph Mercy OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 11.59 miles away44405 Woodward Ave Pontiac Michigan 48341Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 858-3000
- Mclaren OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 11.93 miles away50 N Perry St Pontiac Michigan 48342Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 338-5000
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 13.94 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.02 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.48 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- Ghs Western Regional Home Dialysis2.4 miles away39525 W 14 Mile Rd Ste 200 Novi Michigan 48377Dialysis Stations: 3 (248) 668-4180
- Novi Dialysis Center of Davita3.87 miles away27150 Providence Pkwy Ste A Novi Michigan 48374CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (248) 449-6947
- Bio Medical Applications of Michigan Inc4.25 miles away49641 Grand River Ave Wixom Michigan 48393Dialysis Stations: 13 (248) 924-3544
- Commerce Township Dialysis of Davita4.67 miles away120 W Commerce Rd Commerce Township Michigan 48382Dialysis Stations: 12 (248) 363-4862
- Davita West Bloomfield Dialysis6.59 miles away6010 W Maple Rd Ste 215 West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Dialysis Stations: 10 (248) 539-1025
- Univ of Mi Dialysis Clinics - Livonia6.64 miles away19900 Haggerty Rd Ste 106 Livonia Michigan 48152CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (734) 432-7870
- Fmc - Botsford Park7.42 miles away28425 W 8 Mile Rd Livonia Michigan 48152CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (248) 427-0089
- Fms Beaumont Health, LLC8.26 miles away26400 W 12 Mile Rd Ste 112 Southfield Michigan 48034CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (248) 228-8777