Maple Manor Rehab Center is one of just a few available nursing homes in Wayne, Michigan. This nursing home was awarded an A- overall, which is one of the highest ratings that we offer. A score of this caliber requires excellent scores across the board. In fact, we were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it as the best nursing home in Wayne. As you can find below, this facility also performed well in our category ratings. It would be hard to poke holes in this place's profile.
Maple Manor Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its great overall grade, we gave this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This tells you that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded a first-rate short-term care grade. Indeed, this is this nursing home's second strongest category score. In that category, this facility received a grade of A. In the category of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last measure we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents that returned home from the facility. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Maple Manor Rehab Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on our third category, we gave this nursing home a grade of A- for our long-term care rating. This is a dominant rating. Facilities that do well in long-term care typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 97.93815 percent of its residents, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia sadly can be a deadly illness for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a facility does not take any chances. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
In the last category, this facility also received an excellent nursing rating, with a B+. This completed a very impressive report card. Nursing scores are based largely on nurse staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a system of turning a resident at least once a day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Maple Manor Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Maple Manor Rehab Center, 8.85% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term care patients who suffer from pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Maple Manor Rehab Center, 2.88% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who had falls resulting in severe injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Maple Manor Rehab Center, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Maple Manor Rehab Center, 13.01% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used for treating a variety of medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Maple Manor Rehab Center, 18.73% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Maple Manor Rehab Center, 3.47% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. Some experts believe this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Maple Manor Rehab Center, 91.4% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Maple Manor Rehab Center, 12.4% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the decline of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Maple Manor Rehab Center, 19.67% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Maple Manor Rehab Center, 19.67 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Maple Manor Rehab Center, 10.71 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Maple Manor Rehab Center, 76.5% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements.
- Beaumont Hospital - WayneAcute Care Hospitals 0.35 miles away33155 Annapolis Ave Wayne Michigan 48184Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 467-4175
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.55 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- Beaumont Hospital - TaylorAcute Care Hospitals 5.69 miles away10000 Telegraph Road Taylor Michigan 48180Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 295-5253
- Beaumont Hospital - DearbornAcute Care Hospitals 7.75 miles away18101 Oakwood Blvd Dearborn Michigan 48124Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 593-7125
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.42 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 11.61 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- Henry Ford Wyandotte HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.89 miles away2333 Biddle Ave Wyandotte Michigan 48192Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 246-6000
- Forest Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.52 miles away135 S Prospect St Ypsilanti Michigan 48198Government - Hospital District or Authority(734) 547-4700
- Davita - Romulus1.91 miles away31470 Ecorse Rd Romulus Michigan 48174Dialysis Stations: 12 (734) 722-5455
- Davita - Garden West3.29 miles away5715 N Venoy Rd Westland Michigan 48185CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (734) 261-9418
- Westland Dialysis of Davita3.65 miles away36588 Ford Rd Westland Michigan 48185CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (734) 721-1030
- Fmc Dialysis - Romulus4.12 miles away11200 Metro Airport Center Dr Ste 120 Romulus Michigan 48174Dialysis Stations: 14 (734) 955-7333
- Fmc - Garden City5.04 miles away27201 W Warren St Dearborn Heights Michigan 48127Dialysis Stations: 16 (313) 274-5568
- Greenfield Hs - Taylor5.48 miles away24565 Haig Road Taylor Michigan 48180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (313) 291-7800
- Davita - Dearborn at Home6.33 miles away22030 Park St Dearborn Michigan 48124Dialysis Stations: 2 (313) 792-7343
- Davita - Dearborn6.38 miles away1185 Monroe St Dearborn Michigan 48124CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (313) 274-8100