Maple Manor Christian Home is a senior living facility located in Sellersburg, Indiana. This city has a population of 16,059 people. This facility was awarded an overall grade of B+, which is a strong rating. You can definitely do much worse than this facility. This place is stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any weak links in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Maple Manor Christian Home
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Inspection ratings account for several factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this area usually have few severe deficiencies. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Among this nursing home's other achievements is its top-shelf long-term care score. We awarded them one of our more favorable scores in that category, with a score of A-. Facilities that do well in long-term care typically provide patients with closer supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents out of the hospital. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Maple Manor Christian Home?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we analyzed is short-term care, where this nursing home received a grade of B- in this category. Short-term care ratings are based on the nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a vast range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of residents who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well below average.
The final category we assessed turned out to be this nursing home's weakest area. Nevertheless, even in its weakest link we still gave it a respectable grade of B- for nursing. Nursing grades are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Finally, while this facility got dinged a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it actually excelled in a few of our quality-based metrics. With fewer than five percent of its residents experiencing pressure ulcers, it fared remarkably well in this metric.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Maple Manor Christian Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Maple Manor Christian Home, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Maple Manor Christian Home, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Maple Manor Christian Home, 1.96% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term residents who have had a UTI. UTI's could be an indicator of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic may be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Maple Manor Christian Home, 13.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure tells you the percent of long-term care patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Maple Manor Christian Home, 21.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are given to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Maple Manor Christian Home, 12.38% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Maple Manor Christian Home, 91.56% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Maple Manor Christian Home, 16.12% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the erosion of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Maple Manor Christian Home, 17.5% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who retained mobility levels. Many believe that mobility is vital to patients physical and mental health.
In Maple Manor Christian Home, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Maple Manor Christian Home, 17.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
- Wellstone Regional HospitalPsychiatric 5.98 miles away2700 Vissing Park Rd Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Proprietary(812) 284-8000
- Baptist Health FloydAcute Care Hospitals 8.25 miles away1850 State St New Albany Indiana 47150Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 944-7701
- Clark Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 8.51 miles away1220 Missouri Ave Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Voluntary non-profit - Other(812) 283-2147
- Jewish Hospital & St Mary's HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 10.81 miles away200 Abraham Flexner Way Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 587-4011
- Norton Hospital / Norton Healthcare Pavilion / NorAcute Care Hospitals 10.89 miles away200 East Chestnut Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 629-8000
- University of Louisville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.89 miles away530 South Jackson Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 562-3000
- Baptist Health LouisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 13.27 miles away4000 Kresge Way Louisville Kentucky 40207Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 897-8100
- The Brook Hospital - KmiPsychiatric 13.3 miles away8521 Lagrange Road Louisville Kentucky 40242Government - Federal(502) 426-6380
- Bio-Medical Applications of Indiana4.76 miles away5526 E. Highway 62 Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Dialysis Stations: 17 (812) 288-1026
- Fmc - Floyd County5.33 miles away807 Talaina Place New Albany Indiana 47150CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (812) 944-3265
- Fmc - Southern Indiana7.11 miles away810 Eastern Blvd Clarksville Indiana 47129CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (812) 288-7638
- Davita - Spring Street8.25 miles away1601 Spring Street Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Dialysis Stations: 13 (812) 284-2098
- Davita - Jeffersonville Dialysis8.94 miles away365 Quarter Master Court Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Dialysis Stations: 12 (812) 288-2296
- Davita Portland Dialysis9.54 miles away2118 Portland Ave Louisville Kentucky 40212Dialysis Stations: 13 (502) 776-4371
- Fmc - Louisville10.37 miles away720 East Broadway Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Dialysis Stations: 24 (502) 584-3021
- American Home Dialysis10.9 miles away721 South Preston Street Louisville Kentucky 40202CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 3 (502) 584-3338