Maple Knoll Village is a large nursing home located in Cincinnati, Ohio. This facility is ranked among the most elite facilities we assessed. This facility received one of the best grades that we offer. Indeed, this proved to be substantially better than many of the nursing homes in the city. If you look below, you can see this nursing home's category ratings, which appear to be just as impressive as its overall rating.
Maple Knoll Village
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
11100 Springfield Pike,
Cincinnati OH 45246
68.72% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first rate nursing home overall, this nursing home also excelled in the category of short-term care, where it received an A. Few nursing homes fared better in this area. In calculating these short-term care grades, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The purpose is to formulate a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of different facilities. One of this nursing home's strengths is physical therapy hours. We found that it offers more hours with physical therapists to its residents than most facilities. The last metric we looked at in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that it fared as well as just about any nursing home in Ohio in this area with 66.9 percent of its patients returning home.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was superb in the category of long-term care, where we awarded it a grade of A. Only a select group of nursing homes performed better in this area. Long-term care scores in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. In addition to considering the well above average level of care provided by nurses and other staff at this facility, we also were happy with the facility's vaccination statistics. By way of example, this facility gave the pneumonia vaccine to 99.03846 percent of its patients, which is very impressive. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 1.41 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than most nursing homes.
Does this page answer your questions about Maple Knoll Village?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A- in our nursing category. We looked at the skill-level of nurses working for the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of time those nurses were with residents, in computing our rating in this category. This particular nursing home provided 4.2 hours of nursing care per patient daily, which was among the higher figures we found. Lastly, this facility was also above average in each of the major quality measures we assessed in this category. For example, it performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. These areas are generally reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
This nursing home has earned near flawless inspections in recent years. We gave them an A- in this category. This is one of the few nursing homes in the country to receive an A- or better in every category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be quite insignificant. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Maple Knoll Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Maple Knoll Village, 7.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percent of long-term stay residents who suffer from pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are an measure of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Maple Knoll Village, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls resulting in injury are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Maple Knoll Village, 1.75% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of long-term residents that have sustained a urinary tract infection. While more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Maple Knoll Village, 12.79% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Maple Knoll Village, 22.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Maple Knoll Village, 19.84% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Maple Knoll Village, 90.11% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Maple Knoll Village, 15.05% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Maple Knoll Village, 18.59% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels.
In Maple Knoll Village, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Maple Knoll Village, 18.59 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Maple Knoll Village, 11.79 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Maple Knoll Village, 74.53% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Cincinnati, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cincinnati, Ohio has 51 other nursing homes
- Mercy Health - Fairfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.2 miles away3000 Mack Road Fairfield Ohio 45014Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 870-7197
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 6 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 7.42 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- West Chester Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 8.34 miles away7700 University Drive West Chester Ohio 45069Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 298-7700
- Mercy Health - West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.06 miles away3300 Mercy Health Blvd Cincinnati Ohio 45211Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 215-5000
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 9.42 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.67 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 9.73 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Fmc- Liberty Forest Fair LLC2.47 miles away1198 West Kemper Road Cincinnati Ohio 45240Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 648-9175
- Davita - Forest Fair2.47 miles away1145 Kemper Meadow Drive 45240 Cincinnati Ohio 45231CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 674-1691
- Dci - Forest Park2.65 miles away1075 Kemper Meadow Dr Cincinnati Ohio 45240Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 522-6200
- Davita Affinity Place Dialysis3.58 miles away7700 Affinity Place Cincinnati Ohio 45231Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 521-0981
- Dca of Cincinnati4.35 miles away7600 Affinity Place Cincinnati Ohio 45231Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 931-7900
- Dci - at Drake Center4.43 miles away151 West Galbraith Road Cincinnati Ohio 45216Dialysis Stations: 5 (513) 418-2675
- Davita - Blue Ash Dialysis5.18 miles away10600 Mckinley Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Dialysis Stations: 18 (513) 733-8215
- Cinld, LLC5.49 miles away1555 Goodman Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45224Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 521-2018