Maple Glen Center is a large nursing home located in Fair Lawn, New Jersey. This nursing home proved to be a grade A facility, which is a superb score. Based on the data we reviewed, you can't go wrong with this facility. This facility was also given impressive ratings in each of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Maple Glen Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to faring well overall, this nursing home received a nearly flawless inspection report. As a result, it received one of our highest scores in that category with an A+. Inspection scores weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category generally have few of these severe deficiencies. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. Our nursing score is largely associated with a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Maple Glen Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given a very impressive short-term care grade. In fact, this ended up being its third best category score. In that area, we awarded this facility a score of A. In the area of short-term care, we strive to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.5 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our long-term care rating. This wrapped up a very favorable profile. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. One of the data points we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccinations. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a reliable method to avoid unnecessary hospitalizations for the nursing home population. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Maple Glen Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Maple Glen Center, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Maple Glen Center, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric gauges the percent of long-term stay patients who have suffered a fall leading to serious injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Maple Glen Center, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who have experienced a UTI. UTI's may be an indication of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Maple Glen Center, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Maple Glen Center, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Maple Glen Center, 5.81% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents showing signs of depression. Higher rates of depression may be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Maple Glen Center, 92% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Maple Glen Center, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Maple Glen Center, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that remained mobile levels.
In Maple Glen Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is critical to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Maple Glen Center, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Maple Glen Center, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Maple Glen Center, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.22 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.99 miles away223 N Van Dien Avenue Ridgewood New Jersey 07450Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 447-8000
- Hackensack University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.39 miles away30 Prospect Ave Hackensack New Jersey 07601Voluntary non-profit - Private(551) 996-2000
- St Joseph's University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.51 miles away703 Main St Paterson New Jersey 07503Voluntary non-profit - Church(973) 754-2010
- Hackensack Meridian Health Pascack Valley MedicalAcute Care Hospitals 5.28 miles away250 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Proprietary(201) 383-1035
- Holy Name Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.05 miles away718 Teaneck Rd Teaneck New Jersey 07666Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 833-3000
- St Mary's General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.14 miles away350 Boulevard Passaic New Jersey 07055Proprietary(973) 365-4300
- Englewood Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.12 miles away350 Engle St Englewood New Jersey 07631Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 894-3000
- Fresenius Medical Care Paramus1.34 miles away37 West Century Road Suite 108 Paramus New Jersey 07652CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 262-0429
- Davita Radburn Dialysis1.53 miles away15-00 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (201) 796-1385
- Davita Fairlawn Dialysis1.62 miles away18-01 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (201) 796-3873
- Davita East Paterson2.95 miles away680 Broadway Ste 103 Paterson New Jersey 07514CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 357-8079
- Ara Great Falls Dialysis, LLC3.37 miles away498 East 30th Street Paterson New Jersey 07504CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 569-0500
- Fresenius Medical Care Hackensack3.53 miles away458 Passaic Street Hackensack New Jersey 07601Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 342-0801
- Davita Hackensack3.59 miles away113 West Essex Street Maywood New Jersey 07607CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (201) 843-3875
- St. Joseph's Paterson Dialysis4.33 miles away11 Getty Avenue 275 Hospital Plaza Paterson New Jersey 07503CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 60 (973) 684-3490