ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Libertyville) is a large non-profit nursing home located in Libertyville, Illinois. This is a decent facility with a B- overall grade. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Libertyville. This place has a few things going for it. The best part of this nursing home's profile is is its short-term care score. We discuss short-term care in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Libertyville)
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Please note our records indicate that ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Libertyville) has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Get pricing and details on Libertyville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We want to point out that this nursing home earned a much better grade for short-term care than it received overall. It received one of our highest grades in that category with an A. Short-term care grades are commonly used to judge a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. In order to offer highly scored rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to provide better levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we assessed in this area is the number of patients who who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
In addition, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B in our nursing category. This is one of our better grades. Nursing ratings are largely associated with the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of turning residents more often.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Libertyville)?
This nursing home received a good score in the area of inspections as well. In fact, we awarded it a B- for that category, which is one of our better scores. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the last category, this facility really didn't perform well. Due to a very poor grade of F in long-term care, this is this facility's poorest grade. In a long-term care environment, the facility's primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. One of the factors we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccinations. Fortunately, this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 97.4359 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this place also keeps its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Libertyville) Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Libertyville), 9.36% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Libertyville), 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls which result in injury are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Libertyville), 1.74% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term residents which have suffered from UTI's. Although more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Libertyville), 13.89% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Libertyville), 13.3% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Libertyville), 16.34% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many in the industry argue this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Libertyville), 98.34% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Libertyville), 5.12% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Libertyville), 10.32% of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Libertyville), 10.32% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Libertyville), 13.97% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Libertyville), 86.45% of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Advocate Condell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.18 miles away801 S Milwaukee Ave Libertyville Illinois 60048Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 362-2900
- Northwestern Lake Forest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.16 miles away1000 N Westmoreland Road Lake Forest Illinois 60045Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 234-5600
- Lake Behavioral HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.18 miles away2615 W Washington St Waukegan Illinois 60085Proprietary(847) 249-3900
- Advocate Good Shepherd HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.58 miles away450 West Highway 22 Barrington Illinois 60010Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 381-9600
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 13.45 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Midwestern Region Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.63 miles away2520 Elisha Avenue Zion Illinois 60099Proprietary(847) 872-4561
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.91 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- St Alexius Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.45 miles away1555 N Barrington Rd Hoffman Estate Illinois 60169Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 843-2000
- Fmc - Mundelein2.08 miles away1402 Townline Road Mundelein Illinois 60060CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 949-3904
- Davita - Lake County Dialysis Services Inc2.11 miles away565 Lakeview Pkwy Ste 176 Vernon Hills Illinois 60061CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (847) 918-0592
- Fkc - Lake Bluff3.93 miles away101 Waukegan Road, Suite 700 Lake Bluff Illinois 60044CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 735-0870
- Fmc - Gurnee7.37 miles away50 Tower Ct , Ste B Gurnee Illinois 60031CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 249-5555
- Fmc - Highland8.19 miles away1657 Old Skokie Road Highland Park Illinois 60035Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 579-0675
- Davita - Buffalo Grove Dialysis8.48 miles away1291 West Dundee Road Buffalo Grove Illinois 60089CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 253-9400
- Davita - Waukegan Dialysis8.68 miles away3350 W Grand Ave Ste 100 Waukegan Illinois 60085CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (847) 782-0640
- Fmc - Palatine Dialysis Center9.19 miles away691 East Dundee Road Palatine Illinois 60074CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (847) 963-4299