ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Homewood) is one of only two nursing homes in Homewood, Illinois. This nursing home received an overall grade of C, which is a solid rating. This facility has some things working in its favor. One of the highlights of this nursing home's profile is its impressive short-term care score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Homewood)
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We gave this facility one of our higher scores in short-term care, where it earned an A-. This is much better than the facility's overall grade, which was certainly not elite. In the category of short-term care, we seek to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 5.5 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
We also awarded this facility a favorable grade in nursing. This facility earned a grade of B in this category, which is one of our better grades. Nursing ratings are mostly associated with a nursing home's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Homewood)?
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of B- for our inspections rating. This is a very respectable nursing score. Our inspection grades weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's weakest category was long-term care, which is the final category we scored. It received a lowly F in this area. Even with some respectable scores in other categories, this grade is nevertheless disappointing so we felt obligated to draw your attention to it. Facilities that do not fare well in long-term care often do not provide as much nursing care and also may be lagging in some of the areas of routine personal care we assessed. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 88.10573 percent of its residents. This is quite a bit less than what we were hoping for. Surprisingly, this facility actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Homewood) Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Homewood), 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Homewood), 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls resulting in injury are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Homewood), 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely the result of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this statistic may also be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Homewood), 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Homewood), 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are generally prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Homewood), 30.45% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Homewood), 87.4% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Homewood), 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Homewood), 17.56% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients who were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry argue that the ability to move around is vital to patients well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Homewood), 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Homewood), 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Homewood), 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Advocate South Suburban HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.76 miles away17800 S Kedzie Ave Hazel Crest Illinois 60429Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 799-8000
- Ingalls Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.85 miles away1 Ingalls Drive Harvey Illinois 60426Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 333-2300
- Franciscan Health MunsterAcute Care Hospitals 6.94 miles away701 Superior Ave Munster Indiana 46321Voluntary non-profit - Private(219) 922-4200
- Franciscan Health HammondAcute Care Hospitals 6.95 miles away5454 Hohman Ave Hammond Indiana 46320Voluntary non-profit - Church(219) 932-2300
- Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.06 miles away901 Macarthur Blvd Munster Indiana 46321Voluntary non-profit - Private(219) 836-1600
- Franciscan Health DyerAcute Care Hospitals 7.85 miles away24 Joliet St Dyer Indiana 46311Voluntary non-profit - Church(219) 865-2141
- Roseland Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.71 miles away45 W 111th Street Chicago Illinois 60628Voluntary non-profit - Other(773) 995-3000
- Little Company of Mary HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.93 miles away2800 W 95th St Evergreen Park Illinois 60805Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 422-6200
- Davita - South Holland2.62 miles away16110 Lasalle Street South Holland Illinois 60473CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (708) 331-7697
- Fresenius Medical Care Chicagoland, LLC2.78 miles away17524 Carriage Way Hazel Crest Illinois 60429Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 798-2899
- Davita - Hazelcrest3.1 miles away3470 W 183rd St Hazel Crest Illinois 60429CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (708) 799-3101
- Davita - Harvey Dialysis3.14 miles away16641 S. Halsted St., Ste A Harvey Illinois 60426Dialysis Stations: 18 (708) 210-9500
- Davita - Chicago Heights Dialysis3.27 miles away177 B West Joe Orr Rd Chicago Heights Illinois 60411CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 755-9000
- Davita - Flossmoor Home3.84 miles away19720 S Governors Hwy Flossmoor Illinois 60422Dialysis Stations: 4 (708) 799-7239
- Fmc - Neomedica - South Holland3.87 miles away17225 S Paxton Ave South Holland Illinois 60473CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (708) 474-8700
- Home Dialysis Services Olympia Fields LLC3.93 miles away3214 Vollmer Rd Olympia Fields Illinois 60461Dialysis Stations: 1 (708) 898-0564