ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Wilmington) is a large non-profit nursing home located in Wilmington, Delaware. This nursing home really stands out with a grade of A overall. Remarkably, this is even better than the city grade of A- in Wilmington, which is one of the higher rated cities in Delaware. Even in a city featuring 15 other nursing homes, this facility caught our attention as a quality option. As you can find below, this nursing home performed equally well in our category grades. We give this place two thumbs up!
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Wilmington)
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Wilmington senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Delaware Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. When facilities receive this type of grade in long-term care it is usually a good sign for patient care and indicates that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 98.42105 percent of its residents, which is much higher than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
In addition, this facility also received a nearly flawless government inspection report. As a result, it received one of our best grades in that category with an A. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection grades. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some of these are relatively insignificant. This particular nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Wilmington)?
Short-term Care Quality
We also would like to alert you to the fact that this nursing home was given an impressive score of A- in our short-term care area. With our short-term care grade, we endeavor to craft a meaningful barometer for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess the facility's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
In our last area, this facility also was awarded an excellent nursing rating, with a grade of A-. This completed a first-rate report card. Nursing scores are based in large part on quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed certain nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. These include minimizing residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We look at these metrics as good measures of the caliber of nursing care being provided, since better care tends to reduce these problems.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Wilmington) Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Wilmington), 2.53% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents that suffer from pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Wilmington), 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Wilmington), 1.08% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely associated with facilities with worst hygiene practices. Additional nurse staffing minimizes the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Wilmington), 13.77% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Wilmington), 16.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Wilmington), 4.22% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. High rates of depression may be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Wilmington), 98.23% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Wilmington), 15.26% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Wilmington), 15.95% of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that remained mobile levels. Some experts would argue that mobility is vital to residents' mental and physical well-being.
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Wilmington), 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is important to maintaining the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Wilmington), 15.95% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Wilmington), 6.69% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Wilmington), 76.56% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Wilmington, DE
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Wilmington, Delaware has 14 other nursing homes
- Alfred I Dupont Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 1.19 miles away1600 Rockland Rd PO Box 269 Wilmington Delaware 19899Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 651-4000
- Rockford CenterPsychiatric 9.38 miles away100 Rockford Drive Newark Delaware 19713Proprietary(302) 996-5480
- Christiana Care Health Services, Inc.Acute Care Hospitals 10.13 miles away4755 Ogletown-Stanton Road Newark Delaware 19718Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 733-1000
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.46 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Chester County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.21 miles away701 East Marshall Street West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 431-5000
- Salem Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.26 miles away310 Woodstown Road Salem New Jersey 08079Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 935-1000
- Mercy Catholic Medical Center- Mercy FitzgeraldAcute Care Hospitals 17.13 miles away1500 Lansdowne Ave Darby Pennsylvania 19023Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 237-4000
- Delaware County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.68 miles away501 North Lansdowne Ave Drexel Hill Pennsylvania 19026Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 284-8100
- Alfred I. Dupont Hospital for Children Dialysis Center1.28 miles away1600 Rockland Road Wilmington Delaware 19899Dialysis Stations: 6 (302) 651-5374
- Fresenius Kidney Care - North Wilmington1.8 miles away4000 Washington Street Wilmington Delaware 19802Dialysis Stations: 17 (302) 762-2903
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Riverside Park1.96 miles awayRiverside Medical Arts Complex, Suite g2 700 W. Lea Boulevard Wilmington Delaware 19802Dialysis Stations: 24 (302) 762-8585
- Liberty Dialysis - Wilmington2.77 miles away913 Delaware Avenue Wilmington Delaware 19806CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (302) 429-0142
- Bio-Medical Applications of Delaware Inc2.93 miles away1417 Foulk Road Wilmington Delaware 19803Dialysis Stations: 12 (302) 479-7130
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Brandywine3.92 miles away303 a Street Wilmington Delaware 19801Dialysis Stations: 25 (302) 658-7469
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Wilmington4.2 miles awaySt. Francis Medical Office Building, Suite 404 7th and Clayton Street Wilmington Delaware 19805Dialysis Stations: 17 (302) 421-9177
- Davita Healthcare Partners, Inc.4.53 miles away265 Wilmington West Chester Pike Chadds Ford Pennsylvania 19317Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 558-6965