ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Whitehall Borough) is a large non-profit facility located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Featuring an overall score of A, this is undoubtedly a world class facility. Indeed, we were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it as one of the highest rated nursing homes in Pittsburgh. This facility also received very consistent grades in all of the major categories. Additional information about these categories is available below.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Whitehall Borough)
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
505 Weyman Road,
Pittsburgh PA 15236
87.89% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its top-shelf resume, this facility also was given a strong long-term care score, with a grade of A. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in this category typically provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are well cared for. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 98.07692 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Whitehall Borough)?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A- in our nursing category. Our nursing rating includes many datapoints. The most heavily weighted one is the quantity of hours nurses spend with residents. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
In the final area, this nursing home also was given an impressive short-term care grade, with a grade of B+. This topped off a first-rate report card. In our short-term care grade, we endeavor to create a meaningful gauge for rehabilitation services. In this process, we analyze a nursing home's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we looked at in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 4.4 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Whitehall Borough) Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Whitehall Borough), 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term care residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Whitehall Borough), 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are often associated with poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Whitehall Borough), 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Whitehall Borough), 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of long-term care residents which are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Whitehall Borough), 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Whitehall Borough), 3.12% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Whitehall Borough), 88.22% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Whitehall Borough), 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Whitehall Borough), 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Whitehall Borough), 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Whitehall Borough), 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Whitehall Borough), 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Whitehall Borough), 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Pittsburgh, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania has 28 other nursing homes
- St Clair HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.62 miles away1000 Bower Hill Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15243Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 942-4000
- Jefferson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.52 miles away565 Coal Valley Road Clairton Pennsylvania 15025Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 469-5000
- Upmc MercyAcute Care Hospitals 5.29 miles away1400 Locust Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15219Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 232-8111
- Magee Womens Hospital of Upmc Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 5.69 miles away300 Halket Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Voluntary non-profit - Other(412) 641-4010
- Upmc Presbyterian ShadysideAcute Care Hospitals 5.97 miles away200 Lothrop Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 647-8788
- Allegheny General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.56 miles away320 East North Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15212Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 359-3131
- West Penn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.59 miles away4800 Friendship Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 578-5000
- Upmc MckeesportAcute Care Hospitals 7.94 miles away1500 Fifth Avenue Mckeesport Pennsylvania 15132Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 664-2000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - South Hills1.44 miles away4651 Library Road Bethel Park Pennsylvania 15102Dialysis Stations: 18 (412) 835-1229
- Davita - Jefferson Dialysis2.23 miles away14 Clairton Boulevard Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15236Dialysis Stations: 17 (412) 653-6007
- Davita - Bethel Park2.56 miles away6000 Alicia Drive Bethel Park Pennsylvania 15102Dialysis Stations: 4 (412) 833-2612
- Liberty Dialysis - Banksville3.54 miles away2875 Banksville Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15216CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (412) 343-3060
- Dci Renal Services of Pittsburgh, LLC - Banksville3.6 miles away2727 Banksville Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15216CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (412) 341-7410
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Three Rivers5.37 miles away1401 Forbes Avenue, Suite 250 Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15219Dialysis Stations: 16 (412) 281-8233
- Davita - Homestead Dialysis5.49 miles away207 West 7th Avenue Homestead Pennsylvania 15120CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (412) 476-8700
- Dci Renal Services of Pittsburgh, LLC - Oakland5.64 miles away3260 Fifth Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Dialysis Stations: 30 (412) 647-3700