ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (West Deptford) is the sole nursing home we found in Paulsboro, New Jersey. With an overall score of B+, this is a very good nursing home. This place truly has plenty of good features. We were also pleased to find that this nursing home did not have any poor grades in any of the four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (West Deptford)
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being relatively minor. This place received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies to create an imminent risk to resident health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility really excelled in the area of short-term care, where we awarded it a score of A-. Few facilities performed better in this area. Short-term care ratings are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a vast scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we looked at in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 5.5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (West Deptford)?
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our nursing grade. Our nursing score is based on many datapoints, however, the most important one is the level of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we rated is long-term care, in which this nursing home was awarded a grade of C. This actually is this nursing home's worst category. This is nevertheless not a bad grade. In calculating our long-term care ratings, we look at the nursing home's ability to maintain its permanent residents' health and quality of life. After looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is more than the vast majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (West Deptford) Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (West Deptford), 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (West Deptford), 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (West Deptford), 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (West Deptford), 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (West Deptford), 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (West Deptford), 5.81% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients showing symptoms of depression. Higher levels of depression may reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (West Deptford), 92% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (West Deptford), 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and bathing. Some experts argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (West Deptford), 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that retained mobility levels. Many in the industry argue that mobility is important for residents' physical and mental health.
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (West Deptford), 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (West Deptford), 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (West Deptford), 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (West Deptford), 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some would argue that this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Inspira Medical Center WoodburyAcute Care Hospitals 1.97 miles away509 N Broad St West Deptford New Jersey 08096Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 845-0100
- Mercy Catholic Medical Center- Mercy FitzgeraldAcute Care Hospitals 7.93 miles away1500 Lansdowne Ave Darby Pennsylvania 19023Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 237-4000
- Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.21 miles away1600 Haddon Avenue Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 580-6330
- Pennsylvania HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.23 miles away800 Spruce Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 829-3000
- Children's Hospital of PhiladelphiaChildrens 8.3 miles away34th St & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 590-3745
- Thomas Jefferson University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.47 miles away111 South 11th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 955-6000
- Cooper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.54 miles away1 Cooper Plaza Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 342-2000
- Penn Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.91 miles away51 North 39th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 662-8000
- Fmc Woodbury Dialysis Ctr2.17 miles away571 North Evergreen Ave West Deptford New Jersey 08096CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (856) 853-8735
- Fresenius Medical Care Deptford LLC3.19 miles away1689 Delsea Drive West Deptford New Jersey 08096Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 468-5049
- Dialysis Unit of Center City Philadelphia, LLC4.23 miles away230 N. Broad Street Bobst Building, 12th Floor Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19102Dialysis Stations: 12 (215) 563-9383
- Davita Renal Center of Sewell4.81 miles awayRenal Center 660 Woodbury-Glassboro Rd, Suite 29 Sewell New Jersey 08080Dialysis Stations: 21 (856) 464-1172
- Kennedy Dialysis Center Washington Twp4.81 miles awayDialysis Unit 300 Medical Center Dr Sewell New Jersey 08080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (856) 218-4990
- Davita Brooklawn Dialysis5.03 miles away700 Crescent Blvd Ste 10b Gloucester City New Jersey 08030Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 456-1230
- Davita - West Philadelphia Dialysis5.97 miles away7609 Lindberg Boulevard Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19153Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 937-1103
- Fkc Liberty Runnemede6.24 miles away170 Ninth Avenue Unit B Runnemede New Jersey 08078Dialysis Stations: 18 (856) 312-0101