ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Rossmoor) is a large non-profit facility located in Walnut Creek, California. It looks like this nursing home is ranked among the highest-graded facilities we assessed. This facility was given one of the highest grades we offer. This nursing home proved to be one of the better facilities in Walnut Creek, which boasts a good selection of nursing homes. If you look further down this page, you can see this facility's category grades, which are also quite good.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Rossmoor)
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of earning a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ in our short-term care category. Our short-term care grade is commonly employed to measure a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. In order to provide good rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must provide better levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we assessed in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 6.4 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple relatively minor dings are not necessarily something to panic about.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Rossmoor)?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A-. When calculating a facility's nursing score, we weigh the quantity of hours nurses are with residents as well as the skill levels of those nurses. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last category we rated, this facility was given a very favorable grade of B+ in our long-term care category. With this grade, the nursing home rounded out a first-rate report card. When nursing homes receive this type of score in this category it is a good sign for patient care and indicates that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. After looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Rossmoor) Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Rossmoor), 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term care residents which are suffering from pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Rossmoor), 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Rossmoor), 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percent of long-term stay patients who had UTI's. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Rossmoor), 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Rossmoor), 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Rossmoor), 4.33% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who are showing symptoms of depression. Some would argue this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Rossmoor), 95.72% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Rossmoor), 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Rossmoor), 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term patients who remained mobile levels. Many in the industry would argue that mobility is vital to patients physical and mental well-being.
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Rossmoor), 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Rossmoor), 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Rossmoor), 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Rossmoor), 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living typically correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Walnut Creek, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Walnut Creek, California has 4 other nursing homes
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Walnut CreekAcute Care Hospitals 1.08 miles away1425 S Main Street Walnut Creek California 94596Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 295-4000
- John Muir Medical Center - Walnut Creek CampusAcute Care Hospitals 2.86 miles away1601 Ygnacio Valley Rd Walnut Creek California 94598Voluntary non-profit - Other(925) 939-3000
- John Muir Medical Center - Concord CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.44 miles away2540 East St Concord California 94520Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 682-8200
- John Muir Behavioral Health CenterPsychiatric 7.56 miles away2740 Grant Street Concord California 94524Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 674-4101
- San Ramon Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.44 miles away6001 Norris Canyon Road San Ramon California 94583Proprietary(925) 275-9200
- Contra Costa Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.53 miles away2500 Alhambra Avenue Martinez California 94553Government - Local(925) 370-5000
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Alta Bates CampAcute Care Hospitals 10.25 miles away2450 Ashby Avenue Berkeley California 94705Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 204-4444
- Highland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.25 miles away1411 East 31st Street Oakland California 94602Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 437-4800
- Walnut Creek West Dialysis Center0.06 miles away1221 Rossmoor Pkwy Walnut Creek California 94595Dialysis Stations: 21 (925) 295-9830
- Fmc Diablo Walnut Creek2.17 miles away365 Lennon Lane #160 Walnut Creek California 94598Dialysis Stations: 20 (925) 947-4545
- Walnut Creek Dialysis4.13 miles away404 North Wiget Lane Walnut Creek California 94598CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (925) 937-0203
- Walnut Creek at Home4.13 miles away400 N Wiget Lane Walnut Creek California 94598Dialysis Stations: 3 (925) 979-9732
- Fkc San Miguel6.27 miles away2731 Systron Drive Suite 100 Concord California 94518Dialysis Stations: 25 (925) 676-6401
- Fmc Diablo Concord6.38 miles away508 Contra Costa Blvd #D Pleasant Hill California 94523CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (925) 798-8844
- Alameda County Dialysis Center9.33 miles away10700 Macarthur Blvd. Building 7 Oakland California 94605CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 568-5849
- Rai Bancroft10.29 miles away6955 Foothill Blvd. Ste 220 Oakland California 94605Dialysis Stations: 26 (510) 553-1333