ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Tice Valley) is located in Walnut Creek, California. This facility was awarded an A- overall, which is very good rating. This grade is even higher than the city grade of A- in Walnut Creek, which is also an impressive grade. This facility's strong report card was highlighted by its short-term care score, which you can find in the next section.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Tice Valley)
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ in short-term care. This is simply as good as it gets in this area. In the area of short-term care, we try to assess indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 5.9 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing rating. This turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an A. When calculating a facility's nursing rating, we weigh the number of hours nurses are caring for residents and the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of turning patients more often.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Tice Valley)?
Long-term Care Quality
The third area we assessed was long-term care. This nursing home received a very positive long-term care grade, with a B+ in the area. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in this category tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure patients are well cared for. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is far higher than the majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Turning to inspections, it appears this facility has received quality inspections in recent years as well. We gave it a B in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection grades. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being quite insignificant. This nursing home was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to pose an immediate threat to resident health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Tice Valley) Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Tice Valley), 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Tice Valley), 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . Falls leading to injury are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Tice Valley), 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing can reduce the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Tice Valley), 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used to treat several medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Tice Valley), 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term care patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Tice Valley), 4.64% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Tice Valley), 95.44% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Tice Valley), 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Tice Valley), 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Tice Valley), 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Tice Valley), 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Tice Valley), 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts would argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Walnut Creek, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Walnut Creek, California has 4 other nursing homes
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Walnut CreekAcute Care Hospitals 1.29 miles away1425 S Main Street Walnut Creek California 94596Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 295-4000
- John Muir Medical Center - Walnut Creek CampusAcute Care Hospitals 3.06 miles away1601 Ygnacio Valley Rd Walnut Creek California 94598Voluntary non-profit - Other(925) 939-3000
- John Muir Medical Center - Concord CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.6 miles away2540 East St Concord California 94520Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 682-8200
- John Muir Behavioral Health CenterPsychiatric 7.71 miles away2740 Grant Street Concord California 94524Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 674-4101
- San Ramon Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.49 miles away6001 Norris Canyon Road San Ramon California 94583Proprietary(925) 275-9200
- Contra Costa Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.56 miles away2500 Alhambra Avenue Martinez California 94553Government - Local(925) 370-5000
- Highland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.03 miles away1411 East 31st Street Oakland California 94602Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 437-4800
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Alta Bates CampAcute Care Hospitals 10.04 miles away2450 Ashby Avenue Berkeley California 94705Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 204-4444
- Walnut Creek West Dialysis Center0.16 miles away1221 Rossmoor Pkwy Walnut Creek California 94595Dialysis Stations: 21 (925) 295-9830
- Fmc Diablo Walnut Creek2.31 miles away365 Lennon Lane #160 Walnut Creek California 94598Dialysis Stations: 20 (925) 947-4545
- Walnut Creek at Home4.33 miles away400 N Wiget Lane Walnut Creek California 94598Dialysis Stations: 3 (925) 979-9732
- Walnut Creek Dialysis4.33 miles away404 North Wiget Lane Walnut Creek California 94598CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (925) 937-0203
- Fkc San Miguel6.44 miles away2731 Systron Drive Suite 100 Concord California 94518Dialysis Stations: 25 (925) 676-6401
- Fmc Diablo Concord6.5 miles away508 Contra Costa Blvd #D Pleasant Hill California 94523CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (925) 798-8844
- Alameda County Dialysis Center9.11 miles away10700 Macarthur Blvd. Building 7 Oakland California 94605CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 568-5849
- Rai Bancroft10.11 miles away6955 Foothill Blvd. Ste 220 Oakland California 94605Dialysis Stations: 26 (510) 553-1333