ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Rossville) is in Rosedale, Maryland. This city has 30,059 people. This is a very respectable facility. We gave it an overall grade of B, which is a favorable score. In our view, this nursing home is a good fit for quite a few people. This nursing home's impressive profile was highlighted by its short-term care rating, which you can find in the next section.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Rossville)
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home received a strong overall score as described above, but we especially want to note its excellent short-term care score. We awarded them an A- in this category. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we assess the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. This area is often a fair assessment of a nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we considered in this area is the number of residents who were able to return home from the facility. We found that 5.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Building on its strong performance in other categories, we awarded this facility a grade of B+ for our nursing rating. Nursing grades are primarily associated with the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place Maryland in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a policy of moving a resident more often.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Rossville)?
In addition, this facility also excelled in the category of inspections, where it received a grade of B+. Few facilities performed better in this area. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection grades. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some can be quite insignificant. Although this place had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we graded is long-term care. We gave this nursing home a grade of D for long-term care, leaving this as the nursing home's weakest area. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. After considering the quantity of nursing care, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. We were pleased to learn that this facility vaccinates 99.164345 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Rossville) Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Rossville), 10.35% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Rossville), 2.83% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Rossville), 2.06% of Patients had UTIs
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients which experienced a UTI. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Rossville), 13.12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This measures the percent of long-term residents who are given antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Rossville), 14.71% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Rossville), 10.05% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Rossville), 92.62% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Rossville), 19.85% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Rossville), 30.15% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who maintained mobility. Some experts argue that mobility is important for patients physical and mental well-being.
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Rossville), 0.99 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Rossville), 30.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Rossville), 8.9 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Rossville), 73.77% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living generally correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
- Medstar Franklin Square Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.59 miles away9000 Franklin Square Drive Rosedale Maryland 21237Voluntary non-profit - Private(443) 777-7850
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.29 miles away4940 Eastern Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21224Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 550-0123
- Medstar Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.58 miles away5601 Loch Raven Boulevard Baltimore Maryland 21239Voluntary non-profit - Other(443) 444-3902
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, TheAcute Care Hospitals 6.47 miles away600 North Wolfe Street Baltimore Maryland 21287Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 955-9540
- Kennedy Krieger InstituteChildrens 6.59 miles away707 North Broadway Baltimore Maryland 21205Voluntary non-profit - Private(443) 923-9301
- Medstar Union Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.91 miles away201 East University Parkway Baltimore Maryland 21218Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 554-2227
- University of Md St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.43 miles away7601 Osler Drive Towson Maryland 21204Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 337-1000
- Mercy Medical Center IncAcute Care Hospitals 7.7 miles away301 Saint Paul Place Baltimore Maryland 21202Voluntary non-profit - Church(410) 332-9237
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Manor Care0.06 miles away6600 Ridge Rd Rosedale Maryland 21237Dialysis Stations: 6 (410) 780-7355
- Fmc of Porter Dialysis - Rosedale1.21 miles away5235 King Ave Suite 110 & 112 Rosedale Maryland 21237Dialysis Stations: 18 (410) 918-0991
- Fresenius Medical Care Essex Dundalk, LLC2.04 miles away110 Stemmers Run Rd Essex Maryland 21221Dialysis Stations: 19 (410) 238-7393
- Fresenius Kidney Care Nashua Court2.49 miles away3 Nashua Court Suite H Essex Maryland 21221Dialysis Stations: 21 (410) 686-1279
- Fmc of Porter Dialysis - White Marsh2.58 miles away8013 Corporate Dr Ste K Nottingham Maryland 21236Dialysis Stations: 19 (410) 931-2478
- Fmc of Porter Dialysis - Dundalk3.84 miles away1107 N Point Boulevard Suite 201 Baltimore Maryland 21224Dialysis Stations: 12 (410) 288-2010
- Coldsprings Dialysis, LLC3.95 miles away4700 Hartford Road Baltimore Maryland 21214Dialysis Stations: 6 (443) 444-4907
- Northpoint Dialysis, LLC3.97 miles away1046 Old Northpoint Rd Baltimore Maryland 21224Dialysis Stations: 6 (410) 282-0100