ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Pittsburgh) is a large non-profit nursing home located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. With an overall grade of B+, this facility should work for most people. Pittsburgh features a variety of nursing homes, but we doubt you will need to visit too many others. This one is a very fine option. This place also received very consistent scores in all of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Pittsburgh)
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a great nursing home overall, it also received A+ government inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually perfect. Our inspection ratings are tied to several items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this area have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Our nursing score is mostly tied to the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of moving a patient more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Pittsburgh)?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to another strength for this nursing home, we gave them one of our stronger grades in our long-term care category as well, with a grade of B. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 96.51163 percent of its residents, which is very impressive. Pneumonia is too frequently a dangerous health condition for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home does not roll the dice on this issue. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we assessed was short-term care, where this facility was awarded a grade of B. This facility didn't prove to have any real weak links. With our short-term care score, we strive to craft a fair gauge for rehabilitation services. In this process, we look at a nursing home's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents that returned home from this facility. We found that 5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Pittsburgh) Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Pittsburgh), 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Pittsburgh), 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents which sustained falls which caused major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Pittsburgh), 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of poor nursing care. More frequent bathing can limit the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Pittsburgh), 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term residents that were given antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such medications aren't medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Pittsburgh), 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Pittsburgh), 3.12% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents demonstrating signs of depression. Increased levels of depression could be a sign a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Pittsburgh), 88.22% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Pittsburgh), 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Pittsburgh), 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that remained mobile levels. Some argue that the ability to move around is critical to patients mental and physical well-being.
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Pittsburgh), 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Pittsburgh), 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Pittsburgh), 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Pittsburgh), 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Pittsburgh, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania has 28 other nursing homes
- West Penn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.83 miles away4800 Friendship Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 578-5000
- Upmc Presbyterian ShadysideAcute Care Hospitals 1.75 miles away200 Lothrop Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 647-8788
- Magee Womens Hospital of Upmc Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 1.91 miles away300 Halket Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Voluntary non-profit - Other(412) 641-4010
- Upmc St MargaretAcute Care Hospitals 2.96 miles away815 Freeport Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15215Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 784-4000
- Upmc MercyAcute Care Hospitals 3.06 miles away1400 Locust Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15219Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 232-8111
- Allegheny General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.67 miles away320 East North Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15212Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 359-3131
- Upmc MckeesportAcute Care Hospitals 8.37 miles away1500 Fifth Avenue Mckeesport Pennsylvania 15132Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 664-2000
- Ohio Valley General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.41 miles away25 Heckel Road Mc Kees Rocks Pennsylvania 15136Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 777-6161
- Davita Pittsburgh Home Modality Coe Pd0.51 miles away5171 Liberty Avenue, Building A Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224Dialysis Stations: 6 (412) 605-0415
- Davita Bloomfield - Pittsburgh0.51 miles away5171 Liberty Avenue, Suite C Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (412) 683-3212
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Western Pennsylvania0.53 miles away5124 Liberty Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224Dialysis Stations: 23 (412) 682-0205
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Shadyside0.66 miles away4925 Baum Boulevard Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Dialysis Stations: 20 (412) 687-2279
- Upmc Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh1.24 miles awayOne Children's Hospital Drive 4401 Penn Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224Dialysis Stations: 6 (412) 864-8717
- Davita - Pittsburgh Dialysis1.28 miles away4312 Penn Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224Dialysis Stations: 12 (412) 681-8556
- Dialysis Clinic Inc - Canterbury1.42 miles away376 Fisk Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224Dialysis Stations: 6 (412) 683-2670
- Va Pittsburgh Healthcare System1.61 miles awayUniversity Drive C 7 East, Room 129 Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15240Dialysis Stations: 14 (412) 360-6181