ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Peters Township) is a large non-profit nursing home located in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania. Featuring an overall grade of A-, this nursing home is one of the higher-graded facilities we assessed. This proved to be better than most of the nursing homes in Canonsburg, which boasts a strong selection of nursing homes. As you can see below, this place also performed well in our category grades. It's hard to find any major flaws in this place's profile.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Peters Township)
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first rate facility overall, this nursing home also excelled in the category of short-term care, where it earned an impressive grade of A. Few nursing homes fared better in this category. Short-term care grades are meaningful for patients looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates higher levels of skilled nursing. This means a broad spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final statistic we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients that were able to return home from the facility. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given a dominant long-term care grade. This actually turned out to be its second best category score. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. Facilities that do well in long-term care typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 98.67987 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Peters Township)?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Nursing ratings are based in large part on nurse staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place Pennsylvania in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a system of turning a resident more frequently.
Completing its excellent profile, this facility also performed well in the area of inspections, which is based on the nursing home's recent inspection reports. In fact, we awarded it a B+ for that category, which is one of our better scores. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Peters Township) Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Peters Township), 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Peters Township), 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Peters Township), 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term patients who suffered from a UTI. UTI's could be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic could be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Peters Township), 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Peters Township), 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Peters Township), 3.12% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Many in the industry believe that this is a reasonable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Peters Township), 88.22% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Peters Township), 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Peters Township), 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that retained mobility levels. Some argue that the ability to move around is important for patients mental and physical health.
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Peters Township), 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Peters Township), 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Peters Township), 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Peters Township), 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Canonsburg, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Canonsburg, Pennsylvania has 5 other nursing homes
- Canonsburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.68 miles away100 Medical Boulevard Canonsburg Pennsylvania 15317Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 873-5892
- St Clair HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.9 miles away1000 Bower Hill Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15243Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 942-4000
- Washington Hospital, TheAcute Care Hospitals 8.9 miles away155 Wilson Avenue Washington Pennsylvania 15301Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 225-7000
- Jefferson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.78 miles away565 Coal Valley Road Clairton Pennsylvania 15025Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 469-5000
- Monongahela Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.8 miles away1163 Country Club Road Monongahela Pennsylvania 15063Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 258-1000
- Upmc MercyAcute Care Hospitals 13.68 miles away1400 Locust Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15219Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 232-8111
- Ohio Valley General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.96 miles away25 Heckel Road Mc Kees Rocks Pennsylvania 15136Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 777-6161
- Allegheny General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.36 miles away320 East North Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15212Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 359-3131
- Dci of Hillpointe2.39 miles away131 Hillpointe Drive Canonsburg Pennsylvania 15317Dialysis Stations: 23 (724) 873-1242
- Liberty Dialysis - Southpointe3.16 miles away1200 Corporate Drive Canonsburg Pennsylvania 15317CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (724) 745-5565
- Davita - Bethel Park6.77 miles away6000 Alicia Drive Bethel Park Pennsylvania 15102Dialysis Stations: 4 (412) 833-2612
- Fresenius Kidney Care - South Hills7.72 miles away4651 Library Road Bethel Park Pennsylvania 15102Dialysis Stations: 18 (412) 835-1229
- Davita - Oak Springs Dialysis8.08 miles away764 Locust Avenue Washington Pennsylvania 15301Dialysis Stations: 13 (724) 229-7377
- Dci of Washington8.74 miles away280 North Avenue Washington Pennsylvania 15301Dialysis Stations: 18 (724) 229-8834
- Liberty Dialysis - Washington9.49 miles away90 West Chestnut Street 100 East Wing Washington Pennsylvania 15301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (724) 228-7398
- Davita - Jefferson Dialysis9.8 miles away14 Clairton Boulevard Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15236Dialysis Stations: 17 (412) 653-6007