ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Parma) is located in North Royalton, Ohio, a city with a total of 30,394 people. This nursing home was awarded an overall grade of B+, which is very favorable grade. We actually ranked it as the best facility in North Royalton. This place also received very consistent grades in each of our categories. More information about its category grades is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Parma)
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on North Royalton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of earning a great overall score, this facility fared even better in our inspections category which is based on the nursing home's recent inspection reports. We gave it an A for that category, which is one of our best grades. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This tells you the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home performed well in the area of short-term care. Indeed, we awarded it a grade of A- for that area, which turns out to be one of our higher grades. In calculating our short-term care scores, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our purpose is to create a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final item we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 5.8 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Parma)?
In addition, this facility also received favorable nursing grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B. When computing a nursing home's nursing grade, we consider the amount of time nurses are with patients as well as the levels of training of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we scored is long-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home an impressive grade of B. When facilities receive this kind of score in this category it is a good sign for patient care and indicates that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses and aids. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is too frequently a life threatening health condition for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home does not roll the dice on this issue. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Parma) Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Parma), 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents which developed new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Parma), 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Parma), 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that sustained UTI's. UTI's may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic could be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Parma), 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used to treat a variety of conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Parma), 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Parma), 21.39% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Parma), 88.91% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Parma), 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Parma), 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients that remained mobile levels. Many in the industry believe that the ability to move around is vital to residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Parma), 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Parma), 12.98 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Parma), 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Southwest General Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.46 miles away18697 Bagley Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 816-6701
- Fairview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.71 miles away18101 Lorain Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44111Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 476-7000
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 8.18 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.31 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.73 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.79 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Uh St John Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.37 miles away29000 Center Ridge Road Westlake Ohio 44145Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 835-8000
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 12.53 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Davita - Parma Dialysis2.06 miles away6735 Ames Road Cleveland Ohio 44129Dialysis Stations: 19 (440) 743-0690
- Davita - Parma Heights Dialysis2.71 miles away9050 North Church Drive Cleveland Ohio 44130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (440) 842-0895
- Davita - Middleburg Heights Dialysis3.96 miles away7360 Engle Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Dialysis Stations: 24 (440) 891-5645
- Fmc - Cleveland Clinic West4.38 miles away14670 Snow Road Brookpark Ohio 44142CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (216) 267-1451
- Center for Dialysis Care Middleburg Heights5.29 miles away6749 Eastland Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 234-3916
- Davita - Ridge Park Dialysis5.46 miles away4805 Pearl Road Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (216) 398-6029
- Davita Rockside Dialysis5.61 miles away4801 Acorn Drive Independence Ohio 44131Dialysis Stations: 14 (216) 525-0990
- Davita Dialysis - Strongsville6.21 miles away17792 Pearl Rd. Strongsville Ohio 44136CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (440) 238-9270