ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Palm Harbor is in Palm Harbor, Florida. The city has a population of 74,401 people. This nursing home is a quality facility, with an overall grade of B+. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top third of all nursing homes in the nation. The best part of this nursing home's strong report card is its inspection score. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Palm Harbor
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Wound Care
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to earning a great overall rating, this nursing home fared even better in the area of inspections which is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. We awarded it a grade of A for this area, which is one of our highest scores. Our inspection ratings are tied to datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this area typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Although this place had some deficiencies on its report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Among this nursing home's other achievements is its elite short-term care score. We awarded them one of our more impressive scores in that area, with a grade of A. With our short-term care assessment, we endeavor to forge a meaningful gauge for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze a nursing home's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we considered in this category is the number of patients that ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Palm Harbor?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. We scrutinized the levels of nurses working for the facility, as well as the number of hours those nurses worked with patients, in computing our rating in this category. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of moving a resident more often.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we assessed was long-term care. We gave this nursing home an acceptable score in this category, with a B-. Even though this is not as favorable as some of its other grades, it is nevertheless nothing to be ashamed of. If you are seeking services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care ratings. One of the factors we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours is vaccines. Frankly, we were a bit worried that this facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to a relatively low 84.13793 percent of its patients. Fortunately, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Palm Harbor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Palm Harbor, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Palm Harbor, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Palm Harbor, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint could be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Palm Harbor, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term patients who are given antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Palm Harbor, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Palm Harbor, 2.43% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Palm Harbor, 94.61% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Palm Harbor, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate the decline of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Palm Harbor, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Palm Harbor, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Palm Harbor, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Palm Harbor, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Palm Harbor, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Mease Countryside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.28 miles away3231 Mcmullen Booth Rd Safety Harbor Florida 34695Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 734-6950
- Adventhealth North PinellasAcute Care Hospitals 4.76 miles away1395 S Pinellas Ave Tarpon Springs Florida 34689Voluntary non-profit - Other(727) 942-5000
- Mease Dunedin HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.95 miles away601 Main St Dunedin Florida 34698Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 733-1111
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.22 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- Medical Center of TrinityAcute Care Hospitals 10.59 miles away9330 Sr 54, Ste 401 New Port Richey Florida 34655Proprietary(727) 834-4900
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.48 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Adventhealth CarrollwoodAcute Care Hospitals 14.28 miles away7171 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33614Voluntary non-profit - Church(813) 932-2222
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.61 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- Rai-Us 19 North-Clearwater1.31 miles away29296 Us Hwy 19 N #1 Clearwater Florida 33761CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (727) 785-9036
- Fresenius Kidney Care-Dunedin3.59 miles away1121 Overcash Drive Suite A Dunedin Florida 34698Dialysis Stations: 24 (727) 733-1112
- Bma - Clearwater3.78 miles away26338 Us Hwy 19 N Clearwater Florida 33761CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 723-8123
- Gulf Breeze Dialysis Center3.84 miles away1519 Main Street Dunedin Florida 34698Dialysis Stations: 25 (727) 738-4425
- Tarpon Springs Dialysis, LLC5.77 miles away41747 Us Highway 19 North Tarpon Springs Florida 34689Dialysis Stations: 21 (727) 934-8774
- Renviva Dialysis Center of Clearwater, LLC9.28 miles away401 Corbett Suite 250 Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 281-4490
- Fmc - Belleair Home Therapies9.3 miles away617 Lakeview Rd Suite C Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 441-2913
- Fkc - Belleair Dialysis Center9.3 miles away617 Lakeview Road Suite B Clearwater Florida 33756CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 441-8590