With an address in Monroeville, Pennsylvania, ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Monroeville) is one of five facilities in the area. Featuring an overall rating of B-, this is likely a middle of the road nursing home. Based on our ratings, this place ought to meet the needs of many people. This place is stronger in some categories than others, but it didn't have any poor grades in any of our major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Monroeville)
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
885 Macbeth Drive,
Monroeville PA 15146
83.74% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to having a decent overall score, we also wanted to point out that this nursing home earned favorable inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our better grades in this area, with a B+. This is a notably better score than the nursing home's overall grade. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this category most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This facility received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to pose an imminent risk to patient health or safety. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
We also awarded this facility a favorable grade in nursing. This facility earned a grade of B in this category, which is one of our better grades. Nursing ratings are primarily tied to the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of moving residents more often.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Monroeville)?
Long-term Care Quality
The third area we assessed is long-term care, where this nursing home received a B- in this category. In computing our long-term care ratings, we look at the assistance with daily living received by the nursing home's residents. After we finished looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. We were optimistic to discover that this nursing home vaccinated 98.006645 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the final area, this nursing home was awarded a grade of B- for short-term care, which is generally an acceptable score. Short-term care scores are important for individuals needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a wide scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that just 4.7 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Monroeville) Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Monroeville), 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Monroeville), 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of long-term care residents who sustained a fall resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Monroeville), 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percent of long-term residents which suffered from a UTI. UTI's could be an indication of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic can also be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Monroeville), 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term stay residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Monroeville), 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This measures the percent of long-term care residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Monroeville), 3.12% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients exhibiting signs of depression. Increased levels of depression may imply a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Monroeville), 88.22% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Monroeville), 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Monroeville), 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Monroeville), 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Monroeville), 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Monroeville), 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Monroeville), 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Monroeville, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Monroeville, Pennsylvania has 4 other nursing homes
- Forbes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.35 miles away2570 Haymaker Road Monroeville Pennsylvania 15146Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 858-2000
- Upmc EastAcute Care Hospitals 0.75 miles away2775 Mosside Boulevard Monroeville Pennsylvania 15146Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 357-3000
- Upmc MckeesportAcute Care Hospitals 7.08 miles away1500 Fifth Avenue Mckeesport Pennsylvania 15132Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 664-2000
- Upmc St MargaretAcute Care Hospitals 8.36 miles away815 Freeport Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15215Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 784-4000
- West Penn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.17 miles away4800 Friendship Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 578-5000
- Magee Womens Hospital of Upmc Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 10.59 miles away300 Halket Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Voluntary non-profit - Other(412) 641-4010
- Upmc Presbyterian ShadysideAcute Care Hospitals 10.68 miles away200 Lothrop Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 647-8788
- Jefferson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.89 miles away565 Coal Valley Road Clairton Pennsylvania 15025Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 469-5000
- Davita Monroeville Dialysis0.88 miles away2690 Monroeville Boulevard Monroeville Pennsylvania 15146CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (412) 856-5950
- Dci Renal Services of Pittsburgh, LLC - Five Points0.88 miles away2534 Monroeville Boulevard Monroeville Pennsylvania 15146Dialysis Stations: 18 (412) 823-5422
- Davita - Penn Hills Dialysis4.41 miles away202 Rodi Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15235CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (412) 371-1102
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Penn Hills4.41 miles away11624 Keleket Drive Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15235Dialysis Stations: 13 (412) 244-3931
- Renal Treatment Centers Mid-Atlantic Inc.5.26 miles away4044 Route 130, Suite 100 Irwin Pennsylvania 15642Dialysis Stations: 8 (724) 744-0713
- Dci Renal Services of Pittsburgh, LLC - North Versailles5.35 miles away613 East Pittsburgh Mckeesport Boulevard North Versailles Pennsylvania 15137Dialysis Stations: 19 (412) 675-0960
- Davita - Mckeesport Dialysis6.77 miles awayOak Park Mall 2001 Lincoln Way Mckeesport Pennsylvania 15131CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (412) 678-0183
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Murrysville6.9 miles away20 Wesco Lane Export Pennsylvania 15632Dialysis Stations: 13 (724) 325-5445