With an address in King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania, ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - King Of Prussia is the only option we identified in the area. This nursing home turns out to be a very solid facility, with an overall grade of B. Based on our assessment, you can do much worse than this place. The best aspect of this facility's strong profile was its inspection score. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - King Of Prussia
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
600 West Valley Forge Road,
King Of Prussia PA 19406
79.94% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its strong overall performance, we awarded this facility an A- for the area of inspections. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This means the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few relatively minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an B+. We scrutinized the licensure of nurses at the facility, as well as the quantity of hours the nurses were with residents, in computing our grade in this area. This facility provided 3.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at certain nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. These include minimizing residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We look at these statistics as reliable measures of the quality of nursing care provided, since better care tends to reduce these problems.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - King Of Prussia?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we assessed was short-term care. This facility received an above average short-term care grade, with a grade of B+ in the category. Short-term care ratings are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a vast range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. One reason for this facility's strong score in this category is that it provides more care with registered nurses to its residents than the average nursing home. The final metric we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. This place was above average in this area with 54.5 percent of its patients returning home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed is long-term care, was this nursing home's worst area. We awarded this nursing home a D in that area. This really was one of just a few dings on an otherwise strong report card. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in long-term care may not provide the type of consistent 24/7 care that some other nursing homes provide. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to just 85.3598 percent of its patients, which is several points lower than we expected. Surprisingly, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 1.61 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - King Of Prussia Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - King Of Prussia, 7.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure gauges the percent of long-term care residents who are suffering from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - King Of Prussia, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - King Of Prussia, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic could be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - King Of Prussia, 15.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Sadly, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - King Of Prussia, 19.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - King Of Prussia, 3.38% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - King Of Prussia, 89.35% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - King Of Prussia, 15.62% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and taking a bath. Many argue this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - King Of Prussia, 23.88% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - King Of Prussia, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - King Of Prussia, 23.88 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - King Of Prussia, 8.79 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - King Of Prussia, 72.17% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's often correlates with better rehabilitation.
- Einstein Medical Center MontgomeryAcute Care Hospitals 4.3 miles away559 West Germantown Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19403Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 662-1000
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.85 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.97 miles away130 South Bryn Mawr Ave Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 526-3000
- Paoli HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.06 miles away255 West Lancaster Avenue Paoli Pennsylvania 19301Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 648-1000
- Phoenixville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.8 miles away140 Nutt Road Phoenixville Pennsylvania 19460Proprietary(610) 983-1000
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.6 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Roxborough Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.84 miles away5800 Ridge Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Proprietary(215) 483-9900
- Delaware County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.79 miles away501 North Lansdowne Ave Drexel Hill Pennsylvania 19026Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 284-8100
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Montgomery East3.41 miles away1350 Powell Street Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (610) 277-7535
- Total Renal Care, Inc.3.82 miles away1700 Markley Street, Suite 122 Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 313-8760
- Davita - Radnor Dialysis4.58 miles away250 King of Prussia Road Wayne Pennsylvania 19087Dialysis Stations: 12 (610) 254-0070
- Fresenius Kidney Care - East Norriton5.2 miles away2925 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 279-0776
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.6.09 miles away785 Starr Street, Suite 116 Phoenixville Pennsylvania 19460Dialysis Stations: 1 (610) 415-1019
- Renal Treatment Centers Mid Atlantic Inc6.92 miles away4 Industrial Boulevard, Suite 155 Paoli Pennsylvania 19301Dialysis Stations: 9 (610) 644-3941
- Renal Care Group East, Inc.6.96 miles away780 W Lancaster Avenue, Suite 102 Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Dialysis Stations: 20 (610) 525-1793
- Freedom Dialysis LLC7.49 miles away940 E. Haverford Road, Suite 102 Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Dialysis Stations: 2 (610) 520-7277