ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Imperial) is located in the large metropolitan area of Richmond, Virginia with a population of 364,141 people. With a terrible overall grade of F, this nursing home didn't fare well in our assessment. Based on our assessment, you would be better off to avoid of this facility. Surprisingly, we were able to give this facility some positive feedback for our short-term care category, which you can find more information about below.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Imperial)
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1719 Bellevue Avenue,
Richmond VA 23227
85.07% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
Although we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received a decent short-term care score this year. We gave it a B in this area. In crafting these short-term care ratings, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our goal is to create a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of various facilities. One of this nursing home's strength is that it offers more hours of physical therapy per week to its residents. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that it outperformed the vast majority of nursing homes in the nation with 63.4 percent of its patients returning home. This is a significantly higher rate than most facilities.
Sadly, this facility's second best category was inspections, but even there it received a grade of just D. This is still a well below average grade. One of the more important factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. We suggest you pay close attention to the level of severity of those deficiencies. This nursing home had 10 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only positive thing we found is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they posed a risk to patient safety or health. Finally, we need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received large government fines recently of over $50,000. This usually means that inspectors became fed up after several years of failed government inspections.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Imperial)?
In addition, we gave this facility an F in the area of nursing care. Our nursing score looks at the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of skill of the nurses and the quantity of hours spent with patients. This facility offered only 2.7 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is not a very impressive figure. Unfortunately, this facility also had abysmal marks in several of the quality-based measures to go along with its weak nursing hours. For starters, we looked at the percentage of patients experiencing pressure ulcers. This facility was at more than twice the national average in this statistic. This is alarming when you consider that so many pressure ulcers are preventable with better nursing care. This ended up sealing the facility's fate of receiving a very poor nursing score.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we looked at was long-term care. This facility received a poor grade of F in this area. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in long-term care it typically means the facility did not perform well in our quality measures relating to patient care. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We were a bit concerned this nursing home provided the vaccine to only 53.642384 percent of its residents. We were stunned with its hospitalization rate. Here we found that this place had 3.56 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is more than double the national average. This is certainly a concerning figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Imperial) Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Imperial), 8.83% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Imperial), 3.6% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that suffered falls leading to major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Imperial), 2.65% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Imperial), 13.5% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for treating several medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Imperial), 21.24% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are administered antianxiety medication. These medications are typically used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Imperial), 4.13% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Imperial), 91.75% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Imperial), 16.97% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Imperial), 23.72% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that were able to retain mobility.
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Imperial), 1.22 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Imperial), 23.72 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Imperial), 11.68 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Imperial), 75.36% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Richmond, VA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Richmond, Virginia has 7 other nursing homes
- Bon Secours St Marys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.48 miles away5801 Bremo Rd Richmond Virginia 23226Voluntary non-profit - Church(804) 285-2011
- Henrico Doctors' HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.87 miles away1602 Skipwith Road Henrico Virginia 23229Voluntary non-profit - Other(804) 289-4500
- Bon Secours Richmond Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.8 miles away1500 N. 28th Street Richmond Virginia 23223Voluntary non-profit - Private(804) 225-1700
- Bon Secours Memorial Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.2 miles away8260 Atlee Road Mechanicsville Virginia 23116Voluntary non-profit - Church(804) 764-6000
- Cjw Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.08 miles away7101 Jahnke Road Richmond Virginia 23235Proprietary(804) 320-3911
- Bon Secours St Francis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.64 miles away13710 St Francis Boulevard Midlothian Virginia 23114Voluntary non-profit - Church(804) 594-7400
- Davita - Henrico County1.37 miles away5270 Chamberlayne Rd Richmond Virginia 23227Dialysis Stations: 26 (804) 262-8077
- West Hampton Regional Dialysis Center, LLC2.34 miles away500 East Laburnum Ave Richmond Virginia 23222Dialysis Stations: 17 (804) 228-9990
- Westhampton Dialysis Center LLC2.45 miles away5320 Patterson Avenue Richmond Virginia 23226Dialysis Stations: 17 (804) 285-3394
- Rai - West Leigh-Richmond2.83 miles away800 W Leigh Street Suite B Richmond Virginia 23220CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (804) 649-8070
- Glenside Dialysis3 miles away7001 West Broad Street Suite C Henrico Virginia 23294Dialysis Stations: 21 (804) 755-2368
- Fresenius Kidney Care Laurel Park3.61 miles away4008 East Parham Road Henrico Virginia 23228Dialysis Stations: 13 (804) 553-7880
- Vcu Medical Center3.86 miles awayRenal Dialysis Unit 1200 E Marshall St Box 985904 Richmond Virginia 23298Dialysis Stations: 9 (804) 828-9224
- Rai - Mechanicsville Trnpk-Richmond3.89 miles away2521 Mechanicsville Tpk Richmond Virginia 23223CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (804) 644-0566