ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Huntingdon Valley) is in Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania. The city has a total of 21,423 people. Sporting an overall score of B+, this looks like a strong facility. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top third of all facilities in the country. This nursing home was better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any weak links in any of our four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Huntingdon Valley)
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Huntingdon Valley senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Perhaps the most important factor we look at in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this area most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Among its many impressive grades, this facility earned an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it an B+ in that area. Our nursing score is primarily tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Huntingdon Valley)?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our third area, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its short-term care rating. This is a well above average grade in this category. In the area of short-term care, we try to qualify indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.7 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the last area, this nursing home received an acceptable long-term care grade. Even though this is not quite as strong as many of its other category grades, this is really not a major area of concern. In the area of long-term care, we analyze the quantity of care provided by a nursing home, rather than more medically-intensive services. After looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination statistics. Candidly, we were a bit alarmed this facility vaccinated 85.16129 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is quite a bit lower than the national average. On a more positive note, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Huntingdon Valley) Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Huntingdon Valley), 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Huntingdon Valley), 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who suffered falls leading to serious injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Huntingdon Valley), 1.85% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Huntingdon Valley), 15.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used to treat a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Huntingdon Valley), 18.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. These medications are typically prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Huntingdon Valley), 3.3% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Huntingdon Valley), 86.27% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Huntingdon Valley), 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath. Many in the industry would argue this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Huntingdon Valley), 17.92% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who retained mobility levels.
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Huntingdon Valley), 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Huntingdon Valley), 17.92 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Huntingdon Valley), 9.68 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Huntingdon Valley), 73.03% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's often correlates with better rehabilitation.
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.88 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.7 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Jeanes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.62 miles away7600 Central Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 728-2000
- Nazareth HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.2 miles away2601 Holme Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 335-6000
- Aria HealthAcute Care Hospitals 6.64 miles away10800 Knights Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 612-4129
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 7.12 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Albert Einstein Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.93 miles away5501 Old York Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19141Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 456-6090
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.38 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Davita Willow Grove Dialysis2.65 miles away1849 Davisville Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 659-3426
- Davita - Abington Dialysis2.93 miles away3940-a Commerce Avenue Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 830-1115
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abington3.3 miles away1036 Easton Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 657-5595
- Davita Franklin Commons Dialysis3.6 miles away720 Johnsville Boulevard, Suite 800 Warminster Pennsylvania 18974CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 682-7691
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Greater Northeast4.19 miles away10500 Roosevelt Blvd Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19116Dialysis Stations: 15 (215) 673-3923
- Davita - Huntingdon Valley Dialysis4.48 miles away769 Huntingdon Pike Huntingdon Valley Pennsylvania 19006CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (215) 379-1788
- Davita Neshaminy Dialysis4.49 miles away2 Neshaminy Interplex Drive Building 2, Suite 110 Feasterville Trevose Pennsylvania 19053Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 245-6590
- Northeast Philadelphia Dialysis Center, LLC4.65 miles away9815 Roosevelt Blvd., Suite 1a Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 330-0494