Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Boynton Beach is a large nursing home located in Boynton Beach, Florida. This is a fine facility. We gave this it an overall grade of B+, which is very favorable score. We found this nursing home to be better than most of the nursing homes in Boynton Beach, which has a city grade of B. This nursing home also received very consistent scores in all four of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Boynton Beach
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Our inspection scores are tied to several items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this area have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home performed well in the area of short-term care. As a result, we awarded it a grade of A- for that area, which is one of our better scores. Short-term care grades are generally used to assess a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To have highly graded rehabilitation services, facilities generally must offer higher levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we looked at in this area is the number of residents that were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 5.5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Boynton Beach ?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. The nursing score is based on quite a few datapoints, but the primary consideration is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of turning residents at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed is long-term care, in which this nursing home received a B. This facility did not turn out to have any weaknesses. When facilities receive this kind of score in this category it is a good sign for patient care and suggests that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses aids. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 97.47191 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is significantly higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Boynton Beach Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Boynton Beach , 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that suffer from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great measure of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Boynton Beach , 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percent of long-term stay residents who experienced falls which caused major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Boynton Beach , 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Boynton Beach , 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Boynton Beach , 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Boynton Beach , 2.43% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many believe this is a reasonable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Boynton Beach , 94.61% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Boynton Beach , 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Boynton Beach , 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Boynton Beach , 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Boynton Beach , 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Boynton Beach , 9.19 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Boynton Beach , 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Boynton Beach, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Boynton Beach, Florida has 4 other nursing homes
- Bethesda Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 1.39 miles away2815 S Seacrest Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33435Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 737-7733
- Delray Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.81 miles away5352 Linton Blvd Delray Beach Florida 33484Proprietary(561) 498-4440
- Jfk Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.84 miles away5301 S Congress Ave Lake Worth Florida 33462Proprietary(561) 965-7300
- Boca Raton Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.61 miles away800 Meadows Rd Boca Raton Florida 33486Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 362-5002
- Wellington Regional Medical Center LLCAcute Care Hospitals 12.39 miles away10101 Forest Hill Blvd Wellington Florida 33414Proprietary(561) 798-8500
- West Boca Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.4 miles away21644 State Rd 7 Boca Raton Florida 33428Proprietary(561) 488-8100
- Broward Health NorthAcute Care Hospitals 15.55 miles away201 E Sample Rd Pompano Beach Florida 33064Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 786-6950
- Palms West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.75 miles away13001 Southern Blvd Loxahatchee Florida 33470Proprietary(561) 753-4245
- Bma - Boynton Beach2.01 miles away3451 W. Woolbright Rd Boynton Beach Florida 33436Dialysis Stations: 12 (561) 737-8970
- Davita Bethesda Dialysis2.06 miles away332 N Congress Ave Boynton Beach Florida 33426Dialysis Stations: 16 (561) 364-8181
- Usrc Boynton Beach, LLC2.81 miles away1500 W Gateway Blvd Suite 190 Boynton Beach Florida 33426Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 733-4631
- Fmc - Boynton Beach Gulf Stream3.39 miles away3925 W Boynton Beach Blvd #110 Boynton Beach Florida 33436CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 740-4025
- Sands Dialysis LLC3.49 miles away2655 W Atlantic Ave Delray Beach Florida 33445Dialysis Stations: 22 (561) 279-2626
- Vip Kidney Health, LLC3.49 miles away2605 W Atlantic Ave C-101 Delray Beach Florida 33445Dialysis Stations: 3 (561) 403-5201
- Universal Kidney Center of Boynton Beach3.86 miles away4895 Windward Passage Dr Ste 5 Boynton Beach Florida 33436Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 740-1981
- Renal Care Partners of Delray Beach LLC4.12 miles away15300 Jog Road Suite 104 Delray Beach Florida 33446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 499-1878