Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Boynton Beach is a large nursing home located in Boynton Beach, Florida. This is a fine facility. We gave this it an overall grade of B+, which is very favorable score. If you take a look at the other options in Boynton Beach, we suspect you will find this nursing home to be a better option than most nursing homes in the city. This nursing home also received very consistent ratings in all four of the major categories. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Boynton Beach
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
On top of earning a great overall score, this nursing home fared even better in our inspections category which is associated with the facility's recent government inspection reports. In fact, we gave it a grade of A for that category, which is one of our best grades. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these can be relatively minor. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a grade of A- for our short-term care score. Our short-term care ratings are based on a facility's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a vast range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 5.5 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Boynton Beach ?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received a strong long-term care grade. In fact, we gave it an above average grade of B in this area. Facilities that receive this type of score in long-term care tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure patients are well cared for. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 98.03371 percent of its patients, which is significantly higher than the average nursing home. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
The last category we assessed was nursing, in which this nursing home received a grade of B. This facility ended up being strong across the board. We assessed the qualifications of nurses employed by the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of time the nurses were with residents, in determining our rating in this area. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Boynton Beach Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Boynton Beach , 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Boynton Beach , 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that had falls which caused serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Boynton Beach , 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Boynton Beach , 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term care patients which were given antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these medications due to having more residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Boynton Beach , 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are typically given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Boynton Beach , 2.33% of Patients
This is the percent of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Boynton Beach , 94.94% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Boynton Beach , 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Boynton Beach , 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Boynton Beach , 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Boynton Beach , 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Boynton Beach , 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Boynton Beach , 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Boynton Beach, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Boynton Beach, Florida has 4 other nursing homes
- Bethesda Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 1.39 miles away2815 S Seacrest Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33435Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 737-7733
- Delray Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.81 miles away5352 Linton Blvd Delray Beach Florida 33484Proprietary(561) 498-4440
- Jfk Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.84 miles away5301 S Congress Ave Lake Worth Florida 33462Proprietary(561) 965-7300
- Boca Raton Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.61 miles away800 Meadows Rd Boca Raton Florida 33486Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 362-5002
- Wellington Regional Medical Center LLCAcute Care Hospitals 12.39 miles away10101 Forest Hill Blvd Wellington Florida 33414Proprietary(561) 798-8500
- West Boca Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.4 miles away21644 State Rd 7 Boca Raton Florida 33428Proprietary(561) 488-8100
- Broward Health NorthAcute Care Hospitals 15.55 miles away201 E Sample Rd Pompano Beach Florida 33064Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 786-6950
- Palms West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.75 miles away13001 Southern Blvd Loxahatchee Florida 33470Proprietary(561) 753-4245
- Bma - Boynton Beach2.01 miles away3451 W. Woolbright Rd Boynton Beach Florida 33436Dialysis Stations: 12 (561) 737-8970
- Davita Bethesda Dialysis2.06 miles away332 N Congress Ave Boynton Beach Florida 33426Dialysis Stations: 16 (561) 364-8181
- Usrc Boynton Beach, LLC2.81 miles away1500 W Gateway Blvd Suite 190 Boynton Beach Florida 33426Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 733-4631
- Fmc - Boynton Beach Gulf Stream3.39 miles away3925 W Boynton Beach Blvd #110 Boynton Beach Florida 33436CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 740-4025
- Sands Dialysis LLC3.49 miles away2655 W Atlantic Ave Delray Beach Florida 33445Dialysis Stations: 22 (561) 279-2626
- Vip Kidney Health, LLC3.49 miles away2605 W Atlantic Ave C-101 Delray Beach Florida 33445Dialysis Stations: 3 (561) 403-5201
- Universal Kidney Center of Boynton Beach3.86 miles away4895 Windward Passage Dr Ste 5 Boynton Beach Florida 33436Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 740-1981
- Renal Care Partners of Delray Beach LLC4.12 miles away15300 Jog Road Suite 104 Delray Beach Florida 33446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 499-1878