With an address in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Bethlehem South) is one of seven available nursing homes in this city. With an overall score of B+, this nursing home should work for most people. Remarkably, the nursing homes in Bethlehem received high scores across the board, making this one of the better places in Pennsylvania to find a nursing home. This nursing home also received strong ratings in all of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Bethlehem South)
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this facility an A for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher grades in this area generally have few of these severe deficiencies. While this facility had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple relatively minor dings are not the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also strong in the category of long-term care, where it was awarded a score of B+. It outpaced most nursing homes in this area. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in long-term care tend to provide consistent around the clock care to ensure residents are kept in good health. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 93.85665 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is a bit below what we anticipated but still a reasonably acceptable figure. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Bethlehem South)?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the third area, this nursing home also earned a score of B for its short-term care rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Our short-term care ratings are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a vast range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this facility submitted information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
The final category we rated was nursing, where this facility received a grade of B. This nursing home ended up being very solid in each category we looked at. Our nursing category assesses quite a few components, many of which are associated with quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of moving residents more frequently.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Bethlehem South) Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Bethlehem South), 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Bethlehem South), 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who suffered a fall which caused severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Bethlehem South), 1.92% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Bethlehem South), 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used for treating a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Bethlehem South), 19.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. These medications are typically prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Bethlehem South), 3.23% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Bethlehem South), 88.5% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Bethlehem South), 15.28% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Bethlehem South), 23.65% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Bethlehem South), 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Bethlehem South), 23.65 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Bethlehem South), 8.84 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Bethlehem South), 72.22% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's usually correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Bethlehem, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Bethlehem, Pennsylvania has 6 other nursing homes
- St Luke's Hospital BethlehemAcute Care Hospitals 2.31 miles away801 Ostrum Street Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 954-4000
- Sacred Heart HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.9 miles away421 Chew Street Allentown Pennsylvania 18102Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 776-4900
- St Luke's Hospital - Anderson CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.22 miles away1872 St Luke's Blvd Easton Pennsylvania 18045Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 503-3000
- Lehigh Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.79 miles away1200 South Cedar Crest Boulevard Allentown Pennsylvania 18105Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 402-2273
- Easton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.18 miles away250 South 21st Street Easton Pennsylvania 18042Proprietary(610) 250-4076
- St Luke's Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.65 miles away185 Roseberry St Phillipsburg New Jersey 08865Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 847-6700
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.39 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- Palmerton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.47 miles away135 Lafayette Avenue Palmerton Pennsylvania 18071Voluntary non-profit - Other(610) 826-3141
- Davita - St. Luke's Bethlehem0.88 miles away1425 8th Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18018CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (484) 403-4304
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Bethlehem1.2 miles away2014 City Line Road, Suite 102 Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 264-9660
- Etowah Dialysis, LLC3.41 miles away1220 3rd Street Whitehall Pennsylvania 18052Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 266-1706
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Fogelsville3.81 miles away7310 Tilghman Street, Suite 100 Allentown Pennsylvania 18106Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 395-1980
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Whitehall4.01 miles away1320 Mickley Road Whitehall Pennsylvania 18052CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (610) 264-2228
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc4.45 miles away1005 Harvard Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Dialysis Stations: 17 (610) 997-8350
- Davita - St. Luke's Allentown Dialysis5.66 miles away1901 Hamilton St., Suite 100 Allentown Pennsylvania 18104Dialysis Stations: 4 (610) 435-2590
- Etowah Dialysis, LLC5.66 miles away1901 Hamilton St., Suite 200 Allentown Pennsylvania 18104Dialysis Stations: 4 (610) 776-1479