ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Barberton) is one of just two facilities located in Barberton, Ohio. It looks like this is a fine facility. We gave it an overall grade of B, which is a very solid grade. This facility definitely has plenty of good features. This facility's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection reports, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Barberton)
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a great overall grade, this facility also received top notch inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our better grades in this category, with an A. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility was given strong marks in the area of short-term care as well. Consequently, we gave it one of our strongest grades in that area with a score of A-. In crafting these short-term care ratings, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to devise a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Barberton)?
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B. Nursing ratings are based largely on nurse staffing levels. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of turning a resident more frequently.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we scored is long-term care. We awarded it a grade of C in that area. This is not a bad grade in this category. In the category of long-term care, we assess the quantity of care provided by a facility, as opposed to more healthcare-oriented services. One of the data points we considered on top of nurse's aid hours was vaccines. Fortunately, this facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 99.67638 percent of its residents. Lastly, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Barberton) Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Barberton), 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients that developed pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Barberton), 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percent of long-term stay patients who have had falls which caused serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Barberton), 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that had a UTI. UTI's could be a sign of worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint can be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Barberton), 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used for treating several conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Barberton), 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. These medications are typically prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Barberton), 20% of Patients
This is the percent of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. Higher levels of depression may indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Barberton), 90.19% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Barberton), 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Barberton), 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Barberton), 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Barberton), 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Barberton), 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's often correlates with better rehabilitation.
- Akron General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.89 miles away1 Akron General Avenue Akron Ohio 44307Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 344-6000
- Summa Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 6.99 miles away525 East Market Street Akron Ohio 44309Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 375-3000
- Summa Western Reserve HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.83 miles away1900 23rd Street Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44223Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 971-7000
- Aultman Orrville HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 15.1 miles away832 South Main Street Orrville Ohio 44667Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 682-3010
- Medina HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.51 miles away1000 East Washington Street Medina Ohio 44256Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 725-1000
- Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.84 miles away1320 Mercy Drive Nw Canton Ohio 44708Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 489-1080
- Aultman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.52 miles away2600 Sixth Street Sw Canton Ohio 44710Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 363-6352
- Us Renal Care Barberton Dialysis0.2 miles away33 3rd Street Se Suite 100 Barberton Ohio 44203CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 753-7280
- Davita - Coventry Dialysis2.17 miles away3235 Manchester Road, Suite 9 Akron Ohio 44319Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 645-9453
- Us Renal Care Norton Home Therapies2.91 miles away3300 Greenwich Road Suite 13 Barberton Ohio 44203Dialysis Stations: 5 (330) 825-2354
- Dialysis Care Center Akron LLC4.34 miles away1505 South Hawkins Avenue Akron Ohio 44320Dialysis Stations: 11 (330) 612-0540
- Fmc - Wadsworth Dialysis5.46 miles away1160 Williams Reserve Blvd. Wadsworth Ohio 44281Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 336-8070
- Davita - White Ponds Dialysis6.01 miles away791 White Pond Drive Akron Ohio 44320CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (330) 835-9083
- Fmc - Akron East6.11 miles away199 Perkins Street Akron Ohio 44304CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (330) 376-7600
- Fmc - Akron6.11 miles away345 Bishop Street Akron Ohio 44307Dialysis Stations: 30 (330) 376-4905