ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Arlington) is a large non-profit nursing home in Arlington, Virginia. With an overall grade of C, this is likely a middle of the road facility. You could definitely do worse than this place. One of the better aspects of this facility's report card is its impressive nursing grade, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Arlington)
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Arlington senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home received a solid overall grade as described above, but it really excelled in the area of nursing care, with an impressive grade of A- in this category. We looked at the levels of nurses employed by the nursing home, as well as the quantity of hours those nurses worked with residents, in calculating our grade in this category. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of moving residents at least once a day.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also received a positive grade in our short-term care category. We awarded this nursing home a better than average grade of B+ in that category. Short-term care grades are meaningful for prospective residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a vast scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we looked at in this area is the number of residents who who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 5.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Arlington)?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second worse score was long-term care, where it received just a D in that area. This is a relatively poor score. Facilities that do not fare well in this category often do not provide as much nursing care and also may be struggling in some of the areas of routine healthcare services we looked at. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 91.26214 percent of its patients, which is slightly below what we were hoping for. Surprisingly, this place was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Turning the last category of inspections, this facility did not fare well. Sadly, it received an F in this category. This pulled this nursing home's overall grade down as we heavily weight this category. You should pay special attention to any deficiencies on a nursing home's inspection reports when it receives this bad of an inspection grade. We recommend you scrutinize the severity of those deficiencies. This facility had 3 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only favorable thing we can say is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they posed a risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility also received 16 substantiated complaints in recent years. This is yet another bad sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Arlington) Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Arlington), 8.53% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents which suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Arlington), 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are routinely linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Arlington), 2.25% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic may be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Arlington), 15.09% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Arlington), 19.63% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Arlington), 5.07% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some argue that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Arlington), 88.92% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Arlington), 17.15% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Arlington), 18.14% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Arlington), 1.38 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Arlington), 18.14 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Arlington), 12.25 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Arlington), 74.96% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements.
- Virginia Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.97 miles away1701 North George Mason Drive Arlington Virginia 22205Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 558-5000
- Inova Alexandria HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.83 miles away4320 Seminary Rd Alexandria Virginia 22304Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 504-3167
- Medstar Georgetown University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.68 miles away3800 Reservoir Rd Washington District of Columbia 20007Voluntary non-profit - Private(202) 784-3000
- George Washington Univ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.1 miles away900 23rd St Nw Washington District of Columbia 20037Proprietary(202) 716-4605
- Inova Fairfax HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.2 miles away3300 Gallows Road Falls Church Virginia 22042Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 776-4001
- Sibley Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.34 miles away5255 Loughboro Rd Nw Washington District of Columbia 20016Voluntary non-profit - Other(202) 537-4680
- Howard University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.98 miles away2041 Georgia Ave Nw Washington District of Columbia 20060Voluntary non-profit - Other(202) 745-6100
- Children's Hospital NmcChildrens 7.71 miles away111 Michigan Ave, Nw Washington District of Columbia 20010Voluntary non-profit - Private(202) 476-5000
- Davita - Arlington0.77 miles away4805 First St North Arlington Virginia 22203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (703) 527-0652
- Us Renal Care Falls Church Dialysis2.26 miles away6541 Arlington Blvd Falls Church Virginia 22042Dialysis Stations: 13 (703) 533-8247
- Somatus Dialysis of Fall Church, LLC2.37 miles away500 North Washington Drive Suite 100 Falls Church Virginia 22046Dialysis Stations: 8 (703) 382-8361
- Renal Carepartners - Arlington/Alexandria2.9 miles away2445 Army Navy Dr Anderson Bldg 2nd Floor Arlington Virginia 22206CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (703) 892-0250
- Cdc - Alexandria3.34 miles away5999 Stevenson Ave Ste 100 Alexandria Virginia 22304CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (703) 751-6115
- Davita - Alexandria3.42 miles away5150 Duke St Alexandria Virginia 22304CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (703) 823-7940
- Alexandria Kidney Center3.64 miles away4141 Duke Street Alexandria Virginia 22304CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (703) 370-8250
- Davita Annandale Dialysis3.78 miles away7060 Columbia Pike Annandale Virginia 22003Dialysis Stations: 18 (703) 256-2569