With an address in Alexandria, Virginia, ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Alexandria is one of four available nursing homes there. This nursing home turns out to be a grade A facility, which is a truly elite rating. You simply can't do any better than this nursing home. If you scroll down, you can see this nursing home's category scores, which are just as strong as its overall score.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Alexandria
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Alexandria senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of earning a great overall score, this nursing home excelled at short-term care. In fact, we awarded it an A for that category. Our short-term care grades are thought to be more meaningful for residents needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually requires higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not just nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of residents that returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.8 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Adding to this nursing home's impressive resume, we gave this nursing home a grade of A for inspections. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection scores. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively insignificant. While this place had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Alexandria?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. Our nursing grade is largely tied to the facility's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a protocol of moving patients more frequently.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last category we scored, this nursing home was given a very favorable grade of A- in our long-term care category. With this grade, the nursing home topped off a straight A profile. When facilities receive a grade in this range in this category it typically means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 98.130844 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the average nursing home. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Alexandria Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Alexandria, 8.53% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Alexandria, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are often the result of lower quality nursing care. More supervision reduces the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Alexandria, 2.25% of Patients had UTIs
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that have had a UTI. While more infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Alexandria, 15.09% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents who are given antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Alexandria, 19.63% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are commonly given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Alexandria, 5.07% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Alexandria, 88.92% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Alexandria, 17.15% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Some argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Alexandria, 18.14% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Alexandria, 18.14 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Alexandria, 12.25 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Alexandria, 74.96% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Alexandria, VA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Alexandria, Virginia has 3 other nursing homes
- Inova Mount Vernon HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.92 miles away2501 Parkers Lane Alexandria Virginia 22306Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 664-7000
- Fort Washington HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.63 miles away11711 Livingston Road Fort Washington Maryland 20744Voluntary non-profit - Other(301) 292-7000
- Fort Belvoir Community HospitalAcute Care - Department of Defense 4.92 miles away9300 Dewitt Loop Fort Belvoir Virginia 22060Department of Defense(571) 231-3224
- Inova Alexandria HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.65 miles away4320 Seminary Rd Alexandria Virginia 22304Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 504-3167
- United Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.08 miles away1310 Southern Avenue Se Washington District of Columbia 20032Proprietary(202) 574-6611
- Medstar Southern Maryland Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.94 miles away7503 Surratts Road Clinton Maryland 20735Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 868-8000
- Virginia Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.32 miles away1701 North George Mason Drive Arlington Virginia 22205Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 558-5000
- George Washington Univ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.63 miles away900 23rd St Nw Washington District of Columbia 20037Proprietary(202) 716-4605
- Somatus Dialysis of Mount Vernon0.88 miles away2501 Parkers Lane Suite 100 Alexandria Virginia 22306Dialysis Stations: 12 (703) 721-8075
- Friendly Farms Home Dialysis2.39 miles away10905 Fort Washington Road Fort Washington Maryland 20744Dialysis Stations: 5 (301) 292-0540
- Fmc - Fort Belvoir2.73 miles away8796 P Sacramento Dr Alexandria Virginia 22309CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (703) 360-4552
- Fmc - Fort Foote3.66 miles away8507 Oxon Hill Rd Suite 100 Fort Washington Maryland 20744Dialysis Stations: 12 (301) 686-0802
- Us Renal Care Fort Washington Dialysis3.8 miles away10707 Indian Head Highway Fort Washington Maryland 20744Dialysis Stations: 14 (301) 292-3610
- Bma - Fort Washington4.11 miles away12780 Old Fort Rd Fort Washington Maryland 20744Dialysis Stations: 12 (301) 203-9010
- Franconia Dialysis Center4.15 miles away5695 King Center Dr Ste 105 Alexandria Virginia 22315CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (703) 921-9506
- Alexandria Kidney Center5.84 miles away4141 Duke Street Alexandria Virginia 22304CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (703) 370-8250