Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Delray is a facility in Delray Beach, Florida, a city with a population of 107,599 people. This facility was awarded an overall grade of B+, which is a well above average grade. Based on our assessment, you can do much worse than this place. The best part of this facility's strong profile is its short-term care rating. We discuss short-term care in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Delray
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Delray Beach senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this turned out to be a quality facility is it received a very impressive short-term care rating. In fact, short-term care turned out to be its best category. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an A-. Our short-term care grades are arguably most critical for patients in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This means not merely nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we looked at in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 5.2 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Adding to its impressive profile, this facility also performed at a high level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it earned one of our highest grades in that area with an A-. Our inspection grades are based on pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspections. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This nursing home was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that CMS did not deem any of these deficiencies to be an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Delray?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. Nursing grades are based largely on levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we scored is long-term care, where this facility was given a C. This ended up being this nursing home's worst area. This is nevertheless not a terrible score. In the area of long-term care, we weigh the amount of care offered by a facility, rather than more medically-intensive services. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. We were optimistic to discover that this nursing home vaccinated 97.27891 percent of its patients for pneumonia. This facility was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Delray Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Delray, 9.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Delray, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who had a fall which resulted in major injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Delray, 1.78% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic may be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Delray, 10.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term patients which were administered antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such medications aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Delray, 21.31% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Delray, 2.53% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents showing symptoms of depression. High rates of depression may be a sign lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Delray, 95.81% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Delray, 12.69% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Delray, 14.03% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Delray, 2.07 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Delray, 14.03 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Delray, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Promedica ManorCare Health Services-Delray, 77.72% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Delray Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.18 miles away5352 Linton Blvd Delray Beach Florida 33484Proprietary(561) 498-4440
- Boca Raton Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.83 miles away800 Meadows Rd Boca Raton Florida 33486Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 362-5002
- West Boca Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.76 miles away21644 State Rd 7 Boca Raton Florida 33428Proprietary(561) 488-8100
- Bethesda Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 6.87 miles away2815 S Seacrest Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33435Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 737-7733
- Broward Health NorthAcute Care Hospitals 11.1 miles away201 E Sample Rd Pompano Beach Florida 33064Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 786-6950
- Jfk Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.82 miles away5301 S Congress Ave Lake Worth Florida 33462Proprietary(561) 965-7300
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.53 miles away2801 N State Rd 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Proprietary(954) 974-0400
- Broward Health Coral SpringsAcute Care Hospitals 13.56 miles away3000 Coral Hills Dr Pompano Beach Florida 33065Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 344-3000
- Delray Beach Dialysis Center LLC1.49 miles away5130 Linton Blvd Suite g4 Delray Beach Florida 33484Dialysis Stations: 16 (561) 498-5959
- Boca/Delray Renal Associates Inc1.88 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 306 Boca Raton Florida 33496Dialysis Stations: 14 (561) 988-7100
- Ara - Boca Raton Dialysis LLC1.88 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 211 Boca Raton Florida 33496CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 893-6878
- Dialyze Direct Fl1.89 miles away1601 Clint Moore Ave #160 Boca Raton Florida 33487Dialysis Stations: 1 (561) 609-3100
- Vip Kidney Health, LLC2.2 miles away2605 W Atlantic Ave C-101 Delray Beach Florida 33445Dialysis Stations: 3 (561) 403-5201
- Sands Dialysis LLC2.2 miles away2655 W Atlantic Ave Delray Beach Florida 33445Dialysis Stations: 22 (561) 279-2626
- Renal Care Partners of Delray Beach LLC2.29 miles away15300 Jog Road Suite 104 Delray Beach Florida 33446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 499-1878
- Pinnacle Dialysis of Boca Raton4.27 miles away2900 N Military Trail Suite 195 Boca Raton Florida 33431CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (561) 241-6667