Manor Grove is a small non-profit nursing home located in Saint Louis, Missouri. This nursing home was given an A- overall, which is among the top scores that we offer. A score in this range requires excellent marks across the board. In spite of Saint Louis featuring 35 other nursing homes to choose from, this nursing home stands out as a first-rate option. This nursing home also received phenomenal grades in each of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
711 South Kirkwood Road,
Saint Louis MO 63122
80.35% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ long-term care grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Facilities that receive this type of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure residents are well cared for. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 95.1049 percent of its residents. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Lastly, we looked at the facility's number of hospitalizations. Here we found that this nursing home had 2.04 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days.
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. Inspection scores are based on several pieces of information found on the a nursing home's government inspections. Nursing homes that excel in this category typically have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Manor Grove?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we graded was short-term care. This nursing home was awarded an impressive short-term care grade, with a grade of B+ in this area. In calculating our short-term care scores, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to devise a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. This proved to be a real strength for this nursing home. It outperformed the vast majority of facilities in this area with 62.8 percent of its residents returning home.
The last area we looked at was nursing, in which this facility was given a grade of B. Even though this turned out to be its worst category score, this is nevertheless a favorable rating. The nursing score assesses a handful of components, however, the paramount one is the level of nurse hours spent with patients. This place provides a very impressive 4.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is among the highest totals in the country. Finally, this place also performed well in several of the quality-based metrics we assessed. For example, in terms of the percentage of its residents suffering falls which lead to major injury, this facility performed as well as any facility in the nation. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Manor Grove Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Manor Grove, 9.56% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Manor Grove, 4.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are often linked to poor nursing care. Better nursing care minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Manor Grove, 3.44% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often linked to a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint may be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Manor Grove, 20.38% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Manor Grove, 24.28% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Manor Grove, 4.04% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Increased levels of depression may indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Manor Grove, 89.97% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Manor Grove, 14.55% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Manor Grove, 15.54% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Manor Grove, 1.62 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Manor Grove, 15.54 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Manor Grove, 11.99 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Manor Grove, 72.55% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 34 other nursing homes
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.46 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Mercy Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 4.51 miles away10010 Kennerly Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 525-1000
- Ssm Health St Clare Hospital - FentonAcute Care Hospitals 4.66 miles away1015 Bowles Fenton Missouri 63026Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 496-2000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.87 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 6.8 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- St Lukes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.77 miles away232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield Missouri 63017Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 434-1500
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.97 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.71 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Crestwood Dialysis1.68 miles away9560 Watson Road Suite A Saint Louis Missouri 63126Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 842-0322
- Nxstage St Louis, LLC3.25 miles away1076 Old Des Peres Road Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 9 (314) 925-2522
- Fenton Dialysis Center3.94 miles away850 Horan Dr. Fenton Missouri 63026Dialysis Stations: 18 (636) 305-1144
- Frontenac Home Dialysis Center4.29 miles away10435 Clayton Rd Suite 201 Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 6 (314) 567-0645
- Rtc-Lamplighter Dialysis4.86 miles away12654 Lamplighter Square Saint Louis Missouri 63128Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 729-7979
- Shrewsbury Dialysis4.87 miles away7303 Watson Road Suite 7 Saint Louis Missouri 63119CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 832-2461
- Bowles Avenue Dialysis4.9 miles away1011 Bowles Avenue Suite 210 Fenton Missouri 63026Dialysis Stations: 14 (636) 326-7130
- South Towne Square Dialysis Clinic5.32 miles away11107 South Towne Square Saint Louis Missouri 63123CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (314) 894-3400