Manor Grove is in the large metropolitan area of Saint Louis, Missouri which has a population of 927,396 people. We awarded this facility an overall rating of B+ which is an impressive overall rating. Consequently, it outscored the average nursing home in Saint Louis by a significant margin. Even in a city featuring 23 nursing homes, this nursing home stands out. We were also pleased to find that this place did not have any weak links in any of the major categories discussed below. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
711 South Kirkwood Road,
Saint Louis MO 63122
78.75% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Missouri Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Missouri Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of earning a great overall rating, this nursing home performed even better in our inspections category which is associated with the facility's recent government inspections. In fact, we gave it an A for this category, which is one of our highest scores. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
This nursing home performed well in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Nursing scores are primarily tied to the facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a system of moving patients more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Manor Grove?
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this nursing home also received favorable short-term care grades this year. Indeed, we awarded it one of our better grades in that area, with a score of B+. Our short-term care ratings are thought to be most important for folks in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This includes not merely nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The last item we considered in this area is the number of patients who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we looked at is long-term care. This facility received a strong long-term care rating this year, with a grade of B-. Although this wasn't quite as good as many of its other category grades, this is still a decent score in that area. In determining our long-term care scores, we scrutinize the personal care received by the facility's patients. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. We were pleased to find that this facility vaccinated 96.4539 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Manor Grove Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Manor Grove, 9.2% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Manor Grove, 3.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term care patients which had a fall which resulted in severe injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Manor Grove, 3.29% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients which experienced urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indication of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric may be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Manor Grove, 20.12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used to treat several medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Manor Grove, 24.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Manor Grove, 5.4% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some would argue that this is a reasonable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Manor Grove, 86.07% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Manor Grove, 15.8% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Manor Grove, 13.34% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Manor Grove, 1.86 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Manor Grove, 13.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Manor Grove, 13.27 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Manor Grove, 71.67% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living usually correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 22 other nursing homes
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.46 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Mercy Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 4.51 miles away10010 Kennerly Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 525-1000
- Ssm Health St Clare Hospital - FentonAcute Care Hospitals 4.66 miles away1015 Bowles Fenton Missouri 63026Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 496-2000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.87 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 6.8 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- St Lukes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.77 miles away232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield Missouri 63017Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 434-1500
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.97 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.71 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Crestwood Dialysis1.68 miles away9560 Watson Road Suite A Saint Louis Missouri 63126Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 842-0322
- Nxstage St Louis, LLC3.25 miles away1076 Old Des Peres Road Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 9 (314) 925-2522
- Fenton Dialysis Center3.94 miles away850 Horan Dr. Fenton Missouri 63026Dialysis Stations: 18 (636) 305-1144
- Frontenac Home Dialysis Center4.29 miles away10435 Clayton Rd Suite 201 Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 6 (314) 567-0645
- Rtc-Lamplighter Dialysis4.86 miles away12654 Lamplighter Square Saint Louis Missouri 63128Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 729-7979
- Shrewsbury Dialysis4.87 miles away7303 Watson Road Suite 7 Saint Louis Missouri 63119CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 832-2461
- Bowles Avenue Dialysis4.9 miles away1011 Bowles Avenue Suite 210 Fenton Missouri 63026Dialysis Stations: 14 (636) 326-7130
- South Towne Square Dialysis Clinic5.32 miles away11107 South Towne Square Saint Louis Missouri 63123CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (314) 894-3400