Manor Grove is in the large metropolitan area of Saint Louis, Missouri which has a population of 927,396 people. With an overall rating of A-, this facility turned out to be a far better option than the vast majority of the nursing homes in Saint Louis. Even in a city offering 48 other nursing homes, this nursing home stands out. This facility also received very consistent grades in each of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Missouri Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Missouri Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We also found that this nursing home excelled in our long-term care rating. We gave them an impressive grade of A+ in this area. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in this category it typically means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 95.77465 percent of its residents, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia sadly can be a life or death health condition for nursing home patients so we prefer when a facility does not leave this to chance. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Adding to this nursing home's impressive resume, we awarded this facility an A for inspections. Our inspection grades weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher grades in this category tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. This facility received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that CMS did not deem any of these deficiencies to pose an immediate threat to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Manor Grove?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category. When computing a nursing home's nursing score, we assess the amount of time nurses commit to patients and the level of skill of those nurses. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The fourth area we assessed was short-term care, where this nursing home was given a grade of B+. This topped off a very impressive profile. Few nursing homes earned a B+ or better in all four categories. In computing these short-term care ratings, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our goal is to create a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. It does not look like this facility provided information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. The last measure we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Manor Grove Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Manor Grove, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Manor Grove, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who experienced a fall leading to serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Manor Grove, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often caused by facilities with worst hygiene practices. Better nursing care can reduce the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Manor Grove, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for many conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Manor Grove, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term stay patients which are given antianxiety medication. These drugs are commonly prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Manor Grove, 4.19% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some would argue that this is a reasonable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Manor Grove, 88.53% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Manor Grove, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Manor Grove, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Manor Grove, 1.7 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Manor Grove, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Manor Grove, 11.55 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Manor Grove, 72.81% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living usually correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 47 other nursing homes
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.46 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Mercy Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 4.51 miles away10010 Kennerly Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 525-1000
- Ssm Health St Clare Hospital - FentonAcute Care Hospitals 4.66 miles away1015 Bowles Fenton Missouri 63026Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 496-2000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.87 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 6.8 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- St Lukes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.77 miles away232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield Missouri 63017Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 434-1500
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.97 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.71 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Crestwood Dialysis1.68 miles away9560 Watson Road Suite A Saint Louis Missouri 63126Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 842-0322
- Nxstage St Louis, LLC3.25 miles away1076 Old Des Peres Road Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 9 (314) 925-2522
- Fenton Dialysis Center3.94 miles away850 Horan Dr. Fenton Missouri 63026Dialysis Stations: 18 (636) 305-1144
- Frontenac Home Dialysis Center4.29 miles away10435 Clayton Rd Suite 201 Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 6 (314) 567-0645
- Rtc-Lamplighter Dialysis4.86 miles away12654 Lamplighter Square Saint Louis Missouri 63128Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 729-7979
- Shrewsbury Dialysis4.87 miles away7303 Watson Road Suite 7 Saint Louis Missouri 63119CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 832-2461
- Bowles Avenue Dialysis4.9 miles away1011 Bowles Avenue Suite 210 Fenton Missouri 63026Dialysis Stations: 14 (636) 326-7130
- South Towne Square Dialysis Clinic5.32 miles away11107 South Towne Square Saint Louis Missouri 63123CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (314) 894-3400