Manor Court of Maryville is in Maryville, Illinois. This city has a population of 7,658 people. With a rock bottom overall grade of F, this nursing home isn't high on our list. If you are not happy with this facility's poor overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Maryville. The city has just one other nursing home. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category was short-term care, which is discussed in the next section.
Manor Court of Maryville
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
6955 State Route 162,
Maryville IL 62062
70.98% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This facility fared well in short-term care. We awarded it a B for that category. Our short-term care scores are meaningful for patients requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates higher levels of skilled nursing services. This includes a broad scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, this nursing home offers both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities offer both. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who returned home from this nursing home. This facility performed better in this area than in its staffing levels. It fared as well as just about any nursing home in this area with 63.3 percent of its residents returning home. Most facilities are below 50 percent in this statistic.
This facility really didn't perform horribly in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a C for that category. Other categories were the source of this facility's rock bottom overall grade. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were in categories G through L. This tells you this facility dodged the more ominous classes of deficiencies. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Does this page answer your questions about Manor Court of Maryville?
Among this nursing home's several poor grades was its F in the area of nursing care. When computing a facility's nursing rating, we consider the quantity of hours nurses commit to residents as well as the skill levels of the nurses. Quantity of nursing care does not appear to be the source of this facility's poor nursing grade. This place provides 4.1 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is actually above average. In computing our scores, we add more weight to hours performed by highly trained nurses such as registered nurses. Despite performing well in terms of nursing hours, this place did not perform as well in the quality-based measures we looked at in computing our nursing grades. We looked at the percent of residents sustaining pressure ulcers and major falls. This nursing home was above the national average in both statistics. This may be a bad sign when you consider that many bed sores and falls are preventable with better nursing care. Unfortunately, these datapoints pulled down this nursing home's nursing rating significantly.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed was long-term care. This facility received a poor grade of F in that category. For prospective residents in need of a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. One of the criteria we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccinations. Fortunately, this facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 98.50188 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.67 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Manor Court of Maryville Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Manor Court of Maryville, 8.96% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term residents that developed pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Manor Court of Maryville, 3.48% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Manor Court of Maryville, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of long-term care residents that suffered from urinary tract infections. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare between facilities due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Manor Court of Maryville, 18.2% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Manor Court of Maryville, 19.06% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who were given antianxiety medication. These medications are typically given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Manor Court of Maryville, 29.52% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some argue that this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Manor Court of Maryville, 87.71% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Manor Court of Maryville, 14.14% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Manor Court of Maryville, 19.35% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Manor Court of Maryville, 1.5 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Manor Court of Maryville, 19.35 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Manor Court of Maryville, 11.42 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Manor Court of Maryville, 71.34% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's usually correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.33 miles away6800 State Route 162 Maryville Illinois 62062Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 288-5711
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.35 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Metro-East Services IncAcute Care Hospitals 11.56 miles away1404 Cross Street O Fallon Illinois 62269Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 607-1000
- Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.71 miles away4500 Memorial Drive Belleville Illinois 62226Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 233-7750
- Touchette Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 14.69 miles away5900 Bond Avenue East Saint Louis Illinois 62207Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 332-3060
- St Joseph's HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 14.77 miles away12866 Troxler Avenue Highland Illinois 62249Voluntary non-profit - Church(618) 651-2600
- Christian Hospital Northeast-NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 16.29 miles away11133 Dunn Road Saint Louis Missouri 63136Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 653-5000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.04 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- Davita - Maryville Dialysis1.32 miles away2102 Vadalabene Dr Ste 1 Maryville Illinois 62062Dialysis Stations: 16 (618) 288-1196
- Davita - Maryville Home Dialysis1.32 miles away2102 Vadalabene Drive Suite 2 Maryville Illinois 62062Dialysis Stations: 2 (618) 288-1521
- Davita - Edwardsville Dialysis5.03 miles away235 South Buchanan Street Edwardsville Illinois 62025Dialysis Stations: 8 (618) 692-9217
- Davita - Collinsville5.8 miles away101 Lanter Ct. Collinsville Illinois 62234Dialysis Stations: 8 (618) 344-2016
- Davita - Granite City Dialysis Center9.99 miles away9 American Village Granite City Illinois 62040CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (618) 452-5858
- Fmc - Regency Park10.18 miles away124 Regency Park Drive O Fallon Illinois 62269CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (618) 622-0634
- Davita - Foxpoint Dialysis10.73 miles away1300 Schaefer Rd. Suite J Granite City Illinois 62040Dialysis Stations: 12 (618) 451-8730
- Total Renal Care, Inc.11.6 miles away1941 Frank Scott Parkway East, Suite B O Fallon Illinois 62269Dialysis Stations: 12 (618) 622-0592