ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Marietta) is in the large metropolitan area of Marietta, Georgia with a total of 302,309 people. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of B+. A grade of this caliber requires favorable marks in most areas. Based on all of the relevant data, you can do much worse than this nursing home. The best aspect of this facility's strong report card is its inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Marietta)
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
4360 Johnson Ferry Place,
Marietta GA 30068
94.61% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Georgia Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to point out that this nursing home has received near flawless health inspections recently. We awarded them an A+ in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection ratings. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some end up being relatively minor. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home was given impressive scores in the category of long-term care as well. Consequently, we gave it one of our highest grades in that area with a score of A-. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in this category tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are well cared for. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Marietta)?
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B. Nursing grades are tied to quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we rated ended up being this nursing home's weakest area. Nevertheless, even in its worst category we still awarded it an acceptable grade of C in our short-term care category. In determining our short-term care ratings, we size up the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other types of therapists. This grade is typically a fair assessment of the nursing home's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last item we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 3.9 percent of this facility's patients returned home. This figure was below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Marietta) Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Marietta), 10.15% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Marietta), 3.46% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which had a fall which caused serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Marietta), 3.2% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely associated with a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric may be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Marietta), 18.35% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for a variety of conditions, including dementia. Sadly, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Marietta), 20.07% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Marietta), 4.8% of Patients
This is the percent of residents showing signs of depression. Increased rates of depression could be an indicator a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Marietta), 94.56% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Marietta), 16.73% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate deterioration of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Marietta), 17.19% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels. Some argue that mobility is critical to residents' mental and physical well-being.
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Marietta), 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Marietta), 17.19 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Marietta), 11.58 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Marietta), 68.99% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's typically correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.32 miles away1000 Johnson Ferry Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 851-8000
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish RiteChildrens 6.33 miles away1001 Johnson Ferry Road Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Other(404) 785-5252
- Saint Joseph's Hospital of Atlanta, IncAcute Care Hospitals 6.38 miles away5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Road Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Private(678) 843-5720
- Wellstar Kennestone HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.46 miles away677 Church Street Marietta Georgia 30060Government - Hospital District or Authority(770) 793-5000
- Peachford Behavioral Health System of AtlantaPsychiatric 7.99 miles away2151 Peachford Road Atlanta Georgia 30338Proprietary(770) 455-3200
- Wellstar North Fulton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.12 miles away3000 Hospital Boulevard Roswell Georgia 30076Proprietary(770) 751-2500
- Piedmont HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.99 miles away1968 Peachtree Rd Nw Atlanta Georgia 30309Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 605-5000
- Wellstar Cobb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.53 miles away3950 Austell Rd Austell Georgia 30106Voluntary non-profit - Other(770) 732-4000
- Fmcna Sandy Springs3.66 miles away7840 Roswell Rd Bldg 200 Ste 210 Atlanta Georgia 30350Dialysis Stations: 21 (770) 604-3330
- Fresenius Kidney Care East Marietta4.6 miles away2060 Lower Roswell Rd Ste. 250 Marietta Georgia 30068Dialysis Stations: 17 (770) 509-8530
- Isd Renal, Inc.4.62 miles away4880 Lower Roswell Rd Suite 770 Marietta Georgia 30068Dialysis Stations: 13 (770) 321-0675
- Pure Life Renal of Perimeter5.57 miles away6160 Peachtree Dunwoody Road Suite a-110 Atlanta Georgia 30328Dialysis Stations: 17 (954) 962-5733
- Fresenius Medical Care Perimeter5.71 miles away5825 Glenridge Drive Bldg 3 Suite 150 Atlanta Georgia 30328CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (404) 250-0058
- Davita Kennestone Dialysis5.98 miles away200 Cobb Pkwy N Building 300 Ste 318 Marietta Georgia 30062CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (678) 797-1110
- Lake Hearn Dialysis6.22 miles away1150 Lake Hearn Drive Suite 100 Atlanta Georgia 30342Dialysis Stations: 20 (404) 847-9850
- Davita North Atlanta Home Training6.31 miles away5775 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Ste c110 Atlanta Georgia 30342Dialysis Stations: 2 (404) 250-0925