Located in Decatur, Georgia, ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Decatur is one of six available facilities in this city. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of B. A grade of this caliber requires solid marks in most areas. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Decatur. This place was better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any bad scores in any of the major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Decatur
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this ended up being a quality facility is that it earned a very impressive inspection score. Inspections is its best category grade. In that category, we gave this facility an A+. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Places with better grades in this category typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its profile, this facility also received a grade of B+ for its short-term care rating. This is an above average grade in this area. Our short-term care ratings are based on a facility's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a wide range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Decatur?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of B-. While this didn't quite match its scores in some of the categories discussed above, this is still a decent score. In calculating our nursing scores, we assess both staffing levels and the training levels of those nurses. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a low total compared to most facilities. Finally, our nursing scores also factor in quality-based metrics, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this facility performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is often an indicator that a facility has quality controls in place. Many falls can be avoided if a nursing home supplies enough nurses to assist its patients.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we looked at is long-term care. For this category, we gave this facility a B-. Our long-term care ratings are essential for residents seeking personal care. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. Unfortunately, this nursing home vaccinated only 83.333336 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Nevertheless, this place was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Decatur Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Decatur, 10.37% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Decatur, 3.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls resulting in injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Decatur, 3.19% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this statistic could also be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Decatur, 18.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Decatur, 21.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are generally given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Decatur, 5.28% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Decatur, 93.36% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Decatur, 16.65% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate decline of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Decatur, 20.73% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who were able to retain mobility. Some believe that mobility is critical to patients mental and physical well-being.
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Decatur, 1.6 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Decatur, 20.73 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Decatur, 11.5 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Decatur, 69.89% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's often correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Decatur, GA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Decatur, Georgia has 5 other nursing homes
- Emory Decatur HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.05 miles away2701 N Decatur Road Decatur Georgia 30033Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 501-1000
- Emory University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.25 miles away1364 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-8500
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at EglestonChildrens 2.25 miles away1405 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 785-6101
- Wellstar Atlanta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.71 miles away303 Parkway Drive, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30312Proprietary(404) 265-4000
- Emory University Hospital MidtownAcute Care Hospitals 6.18 miles away550 Peachtree Street, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30308Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-4411
- Grady Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.48 miles away80 Jesse Hill, Jr Drive Se Atlanta Georgia 30303Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 616-4252
- Piedmont HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.49 miles away1968 Peachtree Rd Nw Atlanta Georgia 30309Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 605-5000
- Saint Joseph's Hospital of Atlanta, IncAcute Care Hospitals 8.9 miles away5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Road Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Private(678) 843-5720
- Fmc of Dekalb Gwinnett Inc0.17 miles away497 Winn Way Suite 160 Decatur Georgia 30030Dialysis Stations: 20 (404) 294-7070
- Dci Dekalb0.5 miles away558 Medlock Road Decatur Georgia 30030Dialysis Stations: 12 (404) 371-0499
- Emory Dialysis LLC1.2 miles away2165 North Decatur Road Suite 100 Decatur Georgia 30033Dialysis Stations: 22 (404) 251-2330
- Fmcna Dialysis Services of Decatur1.49 miles away2721 Irwin Way Decatur Georgia 30030Dialysis Stations: 21 (404) 298-5450
- Southern Lane Dialysis1.88 miles away1840 Southern Lane Decatur Georgia 30033Dialysis Stations: 16 (404) 325-8884
- Dsi Dekalb Dialysis2.43 miles away4570b Memorial Drive Decatur Georgia 30032Dialysis Stations: 13 (404) 720-8154
- Comprehensive Renal Care of Northlake LLC3.02 miles away1350 Montreal Road Suite 200 Tucker Georgia 30084CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (678) 406-0825
- Montreal Dialysis3.55 miles away1901 Montreal Road Tucker Georgia 30084Dialysis Stations: 13 (770) 938-9565